Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Email Notification - not including topic or unsubscribe links for Admin

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 00:16 
In the e-mail notification message is says:

Click the link below, or copy/paste it as Your browser's URL address, to read the whole topic and/or replies:

If You don't want to receive more notifications about this topic, to unsubscribe from this topic directly, use the link below:

No links are actually included.

I know I've done something wrong, but I have no idea what...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 11:28 
Most likely you have edited the emailing template, but did it some wrong way?..

So far I am most than sure that the email notifications work. You may try it out on our board as well.

Unfortunately, without debugging and checking the files it's possible to say what's wrong on your end only having extrasensory perception. I'm afraid nobody from our community has it.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 11:57 
Hi Paul,

I have not edited the e-mail template at all...
Everything is juts as it was when installed.

;o(

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 11:58 
Oops - forgot to click the 'Check to watch this topic' box to check what I get from this forum...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 12:42 
I have no ideas. It works in default version. We have the latest version installed on our board, and I've just checked notifications - they appear to work OK with all links.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 13:00 
Yep, I got a correct e-mail notification from my post above.

What files can I re-install to see if that helps?

(Sorry for the questions - I am new to this and am trying hard to get everything working as it should).

Thanks for the help!

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 13:08 
I have re-installed the e-mail notification .txt template, but still getting no links in the sent message.

I get the following only:

Hello,

You're receiving this letter, because You are subscribed to the topic "Please ignore - just a test!" in our forum "General Digital Film", and Steve has posted it or replied in it.

Message begins with:
--

Testing reply messages - is all ok I wonder...

--

Click the link below, or copy/paste it as Your browser's URL address, to read the whole topic and/or replies:

If You don't want to receive more notifications about this topic, to unsubscribe from this topic directly, use the link below:

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 13:18 
I'm not sure what the "1" number means?

As I wrote above, I have no ideas about it. Re-install the whole package to test this feature from scratch. This feature 100% works.

Do you run it on Windows, Linux? What server, OS... I have no extrasensory perception to get it all instead of you.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 13:35 
LOL - love that last comment ;o)

I'm running Linux, so should be ok.

What's interesting is I'm also missing the end of the e-mail - the "If You forgot Your Name and/or Password..." bit.

Weird!

I'll keep looking and let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 13:41 
Ok - sussed it!!!

The messages with the missing info are the ones going to my Administrator e-mail...

Message threads I subscribe to as a 'user' and someone else replies to come through ok.

I had assumed the ones going to the Administrator e-mail would be complete too???

But it does work for users, and that's the main point!

Thanks again!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 13:56 
Well, that's more nice explanation of the problem. And I agree, there may be a bug regarding it. I'll take a look later, thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 25 Jan 2012 17:42 
Here's a quick fix: you need to update bb_func_pthread.php, changing this line of code:

$msgS=$msg[$langOrig][0].'1'.$msg[$langOrig][1];
(that's where the '1' actually came from)
to the following:
$msgS=$msg[$langOrig][0]."{$main_url}/{$indexphp}action=vthread&forum=3
&topic=5849&goPost={$topic_last_post_id}&user=1";
(should be one line code).
This should fix sending notifications to the admin, when $emailadmposts=1; in setup_options.php.

It is correct - the email should contain only the part ending with the notification link to the message. There should be no information about unsubscribing (it's usefulness for the admin, as this mode set in setup_options.php), and probably, the greeting part is also not required for the admin, i.e. there's nothing special in sending a greeting to yourself ;)

The fix above will be applied in the post-updated version of miniBB which is coming soon.

I think this info in templates/email_reply_notify_eng.txt , about the password restoration, is left from the older version, and it's not required in the new version (as user is not required to be logged in to unsubscribe). And I think I will also remove it in default.

Thanks for your remarks regarding this bug.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 25 Jan 2012 22:03 
Happy to have been of help - thanks for the fix.

Have to say I am loving MiniBB ;o)

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Email Notification - not including topic or unsubscribe links for Admin
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑