®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

CSS at this site

Author tkx211
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 8 Oct 2011 15:10 
I use touch phone, and it's difficult for me to click in 'Edit' at my post, because distance from it to screen border=0.
Hope that the body margin should be greater.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 8 Oct 2011 19:24 
It can be easily fixed by user by making margin wider. It's not a bug..

Author tkx211
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 8 Oct 2011 20:29 
Can you show me how to fix it on Nokia 5230

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 8 Oct 2011 22:05 
You can add: & nbsp; & nbsp; (without spaces) after the Quote link (or before the {$allowed}) in the template file (main_posts_call.html if I remember).

Author samuelsss
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 9 Oct 2011 01:05 
This is a common problem that I also experience.

Author tkx211
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 9 Oct 2011 03:12 
I said that bug at this site (minibb.com/forums), not my site. Body margin at my site is 3px (http://tuyen.tk)
It mean that bug at 1 site, not all miniBB site.
Allthough it is bug only at this site, but it show people how to miniBB display, include who are searching for good forum open source.
Many people want to see how a code work in real environment fisrt, not demo
Hope you understand it.

Author tom322
#7 | Posted: 9 Oct 2011 06:12 
I understand it, but you are confused about the meaning of the word 'bug.' Margin size is not a bug - it is a representation of a visual element only.

It's like you said that sites using the font Arial 10px are full of bugs because... their font appears too small to you. Or that sites with black background have bugs because you don't like black background.

Author tkx211
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 9 Oct 2011 06:19 
Sorry for bad English skill. I don't know exactly the meaning of word 'bug', I only know it have mean as same as 'problem'. And I think this problem is affect to all persons who use touch phone, like me when browse this site

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 10 Oct 2011 11:19 
It's not a bug, as our new layout comes up these days, and you're welcome with your suggestions, incl. this one. It's not the final version of the layout. And you are not about CSS at all.

As I know, on any phone you can zoom the screen to click the desired pixel.

Actually, about your problem, I'm confused because I can't get the idea, what causes to click that link even if it's located closely to the border. That doesn't mean it goes out of the border. You should be able still to click it. Could you make screenshots on your phone?

And, for Nokia phones, you might better use the mobile version, which I hope should be available soon, at least for demo...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 12 Oct 2011 13:04 
Ok, I've changed something in the current layout. How do you find it now?

There is a space after moderation links, and they are placed on the right hand side, like earlier. Reply/Quote links appears right after the posted text, so they should not mess with the borders.

Author tom322
#11 | Posted: 12 Oct 2011 17:28 
It's definitely better.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 CSS at this site
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑