Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB is coming up in new colors and version

Page  Page 3 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#31 | Posted: 24 Aug 2011 12:31 
Ok, I'm a bit lost in it now, will take your advice into consideration while developing :) Thx.

Author Sergeusz
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 12:43 
Paul:
Sergeusz
Ok, don't you think the super-titles are a bit better color now? :)
Paul, I see you're experementing with colors. Everything is good, but as for me forum consists of two separate parts: header and forums. It doesn't look like it's something united.
May be you can try to use the color of background of Main Forums from this picture for forums' titles, because this color is more green and leave light brown that is used now in Main Forums or Your Reply bar.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#33 | Posted: 25 Aug 2011 22:06 
Thank you! I'll consider it.

Author Anon
#34 | Posted: 30 Aug 2011 23:08 
Love the olive green and yellow at the top, clear, matching and classy! The faint candy-colored green and blue bars for sections and categories look really cheap and ugly though, imho.

Author Anon
#35 | Posted: 30 Aug 2011 23:13 
On a side note, the orange and green icons seem to be matching the header pretty well :].
Are you also considering new icons for post formatting (B, I, Colors, Link etc.)?

Sorry for the separate post.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#36 | Posted: 31 Aug 2011 07:53 
The faint candy-colored green and blue bars for sections and categories
Blue bars? Where do see the blue color there?

If you read the thread above, you'll see "bars for sections and categories" color is already suggested by another member. So if you don't like them, what color you would suggest?

Are you also considering new icons for post formatting (B, I, Colors, Link etc.)?
I'm considering everything :-) It only needs time.

On a side note, the orange and green icons seem to be matching the header pretty well
Again, I would require clarification for that :-) I'm truly messed in what you call "the side note"...

Author Anon
#37 | Posted: 31 Aug 2011 19:22 
I think it'd look good just having them in the same green and yellow the header and navigation are in, instead of using a faint green color ('Main Forums' bar) and blue-ish for the subcategories ('News & Announcements' bar).

Suggested design
Used ms paint to change the section bars and topic separation line colors, that's why the letters look kind of messed up.

P.S: There is no such thing as 'the side note', it's a metaphor and means 'by the way', eheh.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#38 | Posted: 1 Sep 2011 08:58 
Ok, I understand your suggestion. You will wonder I've already tried it at the beginning, and I think, this approach is too regular, too straightforward. It doesn't bring the fresh and breathe feeling to the board at all. Headings look too heavy, so I would prefer to apply just matching colors, but the match should not be aligned by the top colors at all, I think. I'll work it out in the meantime... I think I have a correct approach to find those colors now :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#39 | Posted: 1 Sep 2011 13:34 
Ok, I've manage to change colors of titles/supertitles again, so you are welcome to give your comments.

Let's also not forget, that for tiny forums, supertitles may be not present at all, and then the first page's view becomes containing forum titles only. That's why their color should match the first page even without the supertitle's color :)

Author tom322
#40 | Posted: 1 Sep 2011 18:17 
I like this one better ;)

Author Anon
#41 | Posted: 1 Sep 2011 20:24 
Yeah this is a lot better.

Author Moony
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 3 Sep 2011 09:31 
Tried to get more warmth out of the fourm :) A year of experiments brought this colour scheme: http://www.indostan.ru/forum/

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#43 | Posted: 3 Sep 2011 12:40 
Moony
Your scheme is perfect, but it works for you, for your community. That doesn't mean we can take it for the default version of miniBB, I think then it's won't be liked by the most of users. It's a scheme customized to your forum specifics, to your auditory. A great example of how miniBB can handle the customization, leaving most of the core untouched.

Here, we talk about the default version of miniBB, as its presentation in front of the other forum software, as its unique look defining the mini-forum look. That's about it. What do you think about the current schema? Do you like it? If not, what aspects could you mention? Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#44 | Posted: 14 Sep 2011 13:23 
Some new adjustments were made to the topic icons and some layout placements on the forum.
Enjoy the progress, and give your comments if you have something to note :)

Author Xpro
#45 | Posted: 14 Sep 2011 17:03 
Can I post new topic in mobile version?

Page  Page 3 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB is coming up in new colors and version
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑