®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Why IP in vthread has been lost?

Author Martin_cze
#1 | Posted: 17 Aug 2011 20:26 
File bb_func_vthread.php, line 239: $cols[4]='';
It means, that poster_ip cannot be used in parseMessage() function. Why? Any reason?
I ask, because won't make any fatal mistake. This line looks useless and that's suspicious:-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 17 Aug 2011 20:58 
This value can be used in parseMessage() for sure (as $GLOBALS['cols'][4]); but make sure you are logged as admin or moderator to see this value, and most probably you need to put the proper condition in parseMessage() as well.

In bb_func_vthread.php, follow if then else condition which specifies this value. It appears untouched only in one place.

Author Martin_cze
#3 | Posted: 17 Aug 2011 22:51 
Yes, I know that I can use $GLOBALS['cols'][4] in parseMessage() as admin or moderator, but I want to use poster_ip as internal value to determine some specific behaviour - the same for each registered member. So question is, NULL value is set for non admin and non moderators because of safety? If I delete line 239, no following problems are obvious?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 17 Aug 2011 23:12 
Yes, it's (obviously) nulled because of safety.
Try to comment this line and let us know the results :) I don't suppose obvious problems at the moment because of that.

Author Martin_cze
#5 | Posted: 17 Aug 2011 23:21 
I tried and it looked OK with my setting.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Why IP in vthread has been lost?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑