®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

"moderators actions" table

Author tkx211
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 13 Aug 2011 05:48 
I want (and I think every Admin need) a table in MySql call "mod action" to see and manage all action of Mod
I tested and see that almost forum now have this feature in core code (not have to plugin)
I haved added successfully this feature in my miniBB, but I have to edit almost .php file to insert code
I think miniBB should provide this feature as default
If have it, miniBB is perfect in my eyes
What do you think about this feature?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 Aug 2011 09:48 
Thanks for the suggestion, but we will skip it. I don't think it's important.

It's miniBB. If we copy and add every feature you see in other boards, it won't be mini anymore.

We intentionally cut off many "features" as they provide nothing meaningful in terms of usability. The option you suggest will not be used in 99% and probably may be useful only when admin needs to check some suspicious or invalid action made my moderator.

In all other cases, you won't even check such table.

Here is the solution: assign only trusted and reliable people as moderators. Clever people do not make dumb things, and so you won't need to "control" them.

In addition to this function, I must mention I already have the "big brother" add-on for miniBB, which allows in terms of 24 hours to see any action which was performed, including moderating actions and regular user actions. But this is a premium add-on and distributed only in a circle of privileged customers.

Author tkx211
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 13 Aug 2011 12:10 
ok. am I welcome to provide this add-on?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 15 Aug 2011 23:26 
If your add-on will contain the proper instruction of how to install it, and if it provides the non-destructive method of installing, you are always welcome to provide such stuff.

However if this add-on will require a lot of core modifications and if it will be unclear in installation, most likely nobody will try it out.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 "moderators actions" table
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑