miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials /  

Your impressions and wishes

Add your impression! Guest comments are welcome!

Page  Page 2 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next »

Author erimus
#16 | Posted: 26 Feb 2013 00:29 
Looks like a nice forum, I'm impressed

Author Gienek
#17 | Posted: 11 Feb 2013 17:11 
Rickey:
In addition, the forum loads very fast for me on Chrome. Outstanding!
It runs on Chrome 'very fast' only because Chrome told you their browser is 'very fast.' It runs even faster on Opera, for example ;)

Author Rickey
#18 | Posted: 10 Feb 2013 22:17 
Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this forum. It's simple, yet effective.
A lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a amazing job with this. In addition, the forum loads very fast for me on Chrome. Outstanding!

Author LeLapin
#19 | Posted: 19 Apr 2012 12:04 
As I was searching for tools to develop a friend's second website, where he wanted to enhance the dialog with his (books) reader's compared to the Dotclear one I made for him, in which he overused comments as a forum :D, I finally convinced him that he would prefer a real forum and promised it would be even simpler to manage and use than his pitiful solution.

So, I had to find or code one myself. Sure I thought about phpBB, but for a single theme easy to use Qs&As forum, it would have been a wrong option.
I went on searching for tiny forums (mainly on french sites to be sure I could get a localized version), but nothing really adequate for me.

Before I started coding one from scratch, I turned to english keywords, thinking that at most, I would just have to translate it.

And Bingo ! I fell on miniBB ! Exactly what I needed, and already translated !

Installing it has been a piece of cake. After a bad first-look impression, my friend got quickly used to it, even addicted !

Two months later, he's got a flood of spams and asks me for a solution (to respect his wishes, I made the miniBB open for anonymous posts with no safeties at all). So I just bought the captcha plugin for less than 5 EUR (10% of the annual hosting fee, that's not much for quietness) !

I'll use the forum down time to try and tweak a bit the look of the forum, so it matches the graphical chart of the rest of the website. I already prepared myself by examining the code: I don't think it will be quite difficult. The code is very clean and well commented.

So thank you for this useful project ! I will re-use it every time I need a simple but powerful forum, and talk about miniBB all around me.

There's only one thing missing: there could be a french speaking official (or not) miniBB support and download site.
This little review to thank you and encourage all of your team. :)

Thank you. Local support is up to the local members :) it's impossible to provide support in the language I don't know. - Paul from miniBB

Author jmcwebtrip
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 31 Mar 2012 21:57 
I have used many free and paid forums. This for me is definitely the best thing to have. Several factors from the standpoint Seo, this script is very friendly from the point of search engines. Absolutely does not lack any detail, different titles, different descriptions, friendly urls. Etc. In another vein has many functions, especially to use with troublesome users.
Certainly very good job. It has everything to be successful.

Author selvaraj
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 27 Mar 2012 15:25 
this is very useful forum software

Author Vishal
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 5 Jul 2011 23:09 
tom322:
Double your medication before it's too late ;-)
LOL! No worries! No itches now!

Author tom322
#23 | Posted: 5 Jul 2011 14:15 
Vishal:
I felt this itch to try something else for my new project
Double your medication before it's too late ;-).

Author Vishal
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 5 Jul 2011 00:49 
Having used minBB for over 7 years on one of my forums, I felt this itch to try something else for my new project. You know, over a period of time, you always get this desire to UPGRADE to something different or better, even though your current machine/gadget perfectly satisfies your needs.

So fueled by this desire, I spent over 7 grueling days trying to review all major forum software, but honestly, none of them could give me the confidence or the feel good factor like miniBB. Each one of them had one feature or the other missing which I have got addicted to over the years of using miniBB. Long live miniBB!

Thank you, Vishal. Good to know our best customers are still with us! - miniBB Team

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 15:22 
Pleasure to use this software. Works like a dream on my home server setup. Very fast and with a little tweaking it can be altered to suit any requirement. Well done!

Regards
Bluesplayer

Author Guest
~
#26 | Posted: 4 Feb 2011 22:45 
I m very very very happy with MiniBB, its most light weight, simplest forum i have ever seen.

Hats off to u guys..
Thank u for such a wonderful thing..

setting up my site soon, will buy its license as soon as possible

Author sumaniuot
Partaker
#27 | Posted: 28 Oct 2010 15:30 
Hello,

I am new to the forum. Just want to say hi to all the miniBB users here. Been using minibb for the last couple of months and find it much better than the other free forum softwares I have used. Keep up the good work folks. :)

Author iplabs
Partaker
#28 | Posted: 3 Sep 2010 23:15 
What a wonderful script, Thank You!

I integrated it completely (guest, user and admin) into my sites login system in only a few hours. The instructions are great, I appreciate that you give theory not instructions "with instruction 1 thing is possible, with theory all is possible", so I was able to quickly understand how your login functioned and make the necessary changes to both systems. Keep up the good work, you Russians know your code.

Kendall

P.S. this is the 6th BB system I tested indepth for this project, and by far the best, if you need a small simple BB that isn't effected with feature and code bloat, this is your solution. Now where do I pay you?

Thank you, such words always give us wish to work further. You don't have to pay us, miniBB is free :-) You may buy License to remove copyright, or some of the premium add-ons, that would fully cover the money side. We always try to give back something for money, we don't accept donations, because such testimonials and understanding would be a great donation in general :-) - miniBB Team

Author jontrac
Partaker
#29 | Posted: 28 Oct 2009 03:56 
MiniBB ROCKs!

I have just got in touch with MiniBB for less then a week and absolutely love it!

Author Anonymous
#30 | Posted: 1 Oct 2007 10:55 
I just wanted to give a BIG thank-you to Paul and miniBB. Paul has gone above and beyond my expectations to help me with some issues I have had. Thank-You miniBB for providing such great support. I couldn't have done it without you!

THANK-YOU!!!!!!

Page  Page 2 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 
Testimonials miniBB Support Forums / Testimonials /
 Your impressions and wishes
 Share Topic's Link

Your impression Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑