miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Can a sub-forum be displayed on another site?

Author billwill
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 28 Jun 2011 07:14 
I'd like to be able to display a subforum on another site, where the people there would be able to discuss their own specialty discussions without the rest of the forums, but on the main forum their subforum would be available.

How can this be accomplished?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 28 Jun 2011 16:41 
May be it could be possible to achieve via 1st page news add-on?
It's about to display the list of topics on external pages.

Author billwill
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 29 Jun 2011 05:16 
That's not exactly what I'm looking for, since clicking one of the new topics will send them to my site's full forum, rather than just their part of my forum.

I want their entire subforum to be available to them on their site, without being able to see or use the rest of the forums, so that visitors to their site have the focus on them.

On my site though, thier subforum would appear with all of the forums.

I've been searching for this functionality for years, and haven't been able to find it. I'm hoping that minibb can do this somehow.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 29 Jun 2011 07:41 
That's not up to miniBB.

What ever is kept on one site, is kept on one server. Your website is kept on another server. If you want both servers up to one database, either this database should be used commonly, either it should be synchronized.

How? That's the question to professionals. It surely can be solved with miniBB, but not within the free support area. It's a very custom task and we provide consultations in this aspect only within the Premium support rates.

Author billwill
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 30 Jun 2011 06:30 
Thanks for your quick reply. It's not everyday that the CEO answers questions in their own public forums!

So how about thisr approach:

Suppose I link from their site to their subforum.

Is it then possible to either copy a template and modify it for their sub, so when they view their subforum the breadcrumbs, and other links/references to my site are not displayed?

That way, when they visit their own subforum from their site, they won't be confused by my site's content, but when outside visitors come to my site they can see and participate in that subforum as part of my site's larger forum?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 30 Jun 2011 07:47 
It would be better if you could represent this with screenshots.
Hard to understand from words :) they could be interpreted differently in many ways.

Author billwill
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 30 Jun 2011 09:24 
Thanks Paul. I'll try to send some this weekend.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Can a sub-forum be displayed on another site?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑