Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Problem with file upload add-on's icons

Author jcu
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 22 Apr 2011 04:09 
Hi

I have installed this module, but you cannot see the icon of the file to download and when you click a window opens but does not download the file.

So how do i fix?

Excuse me for my english.
Thank you in advance.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 22 Apr 2011 07:47 
jcu:
Excuse me for my english
Apologies are OK, but we also need kind of "normal" description of the problem. From Your English, I can't get the main sense of it :)

Author jcu
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 Apr 2011 10:31 
The problem is that when command an attachment, with the module "File Upload, Attachments, Mini-Galleries", is created well the folder and the corresponding files, but in the web page is not you see the icon that corresponds to the file attached, and when you click on the file appears a pop-up window but does not download the file. Oddly enough, the attachments that had for the previous version of the module, if you are well and are discharged without problems.

Not if i explained a little better...
Thank you very much.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 22 Apr 2011 12:49 
I think it would be better if you provide screenshots of what do you mean, or at least URL to your website, or may be you could upload some example to minibb demo site. Without it, it's hard to understand what's up.

Author jcu
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 22 Apr 2011 13:29 
I have set a page with the problem

Link to the page

The fourth message has an attachment

Author jcu
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 23 Apr 2011 14:01 
Still does not work, in addition now when attempt remove an attachment gives error 500 in the browser.

Other link

Author jcu
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 24 Apr 2011 04:07 
As you can see here, jpg and gif images are treated without problems, but for applications and compressed files does not display the icon you click corespond and when you do not download the file. Any idea where the error?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 26 Apr 2011 04:17 
Obviously there is some misconfiguration in your add-on, "delete" links should not be visible to public at all.

I still didn't understand where and what is the problem with attachments. It would be great if you can upload some file to your forum and post a link here.

I've checked how the add-on works on my end, and everything is working great. So the problem is somewhere on your side. Also make sure you are using this add-on with the latest release of miniBB. Obviously it won't work with older releases!

Author jcu
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 26 Apr 2011 05:59 
MiniBB's version not but it is of date 2009-Jan-16

The add-on has been working for many years, to been on having bought the new version when it is giving these mistakes.

The fourth message of the link that I you put takes an attached application and one does not see.

Not what to do ... I am very lost.
Thank you of all the forms

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 26 Apr 2011 12:08 
I think you should upgrade your forums, or even better use Compiler, compile your version (which will include all add-ons installed *properly*) and re-design your forums for this version. Of course this all can be done keeping your current database and users.

It's not good to keep an outdated software. Within couple of years we've had lots of changes, and the file upload add-on's recent release will work only with miniBB version 2.4 and higher, as it's stated in readme.txt.

Here's how to know out the miniBB version.

Author jcu
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 26 Apr 2011 12:27 
$version='2.3';

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 01:29 
That's the reason - file upload add-on works only with the latest release as of 2.4.

You need to either roll back to the older add-on's version OR much preferrably upgrade your software. We don't provide any support regarding the outdated core software.

Author jcu
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 02:11 
I will see if I can update the forum, though with all the modifications that I have realized it will be very complicated.

Thank you anyhow

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 04:24 
The software is supplied "as is". All modifications are up to you.

But it's obvious that open software can't be called absolutely stable. Future updates will come always. You should keep it in mind when applying destructive core modifications. With miniBB, you can always achieve that upgrading takes few minutes without affecting custom changes or templates. Follow updates history to get an idea what was changed and what files to update.

Author jcu
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 05:38 
Again many graces.
I will take a time to see since I can update to a more modern version.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Problem with file upload add-on's icons
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑