miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Problem with 1st page news add-on - keeps Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getclforum

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 04:44 
HELP!!

Hi, need some help installing this script...

Keep getting this error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getclforums() in /home/w/a/wandptraining/public_html/forums/addon_1stpagenews2.php on line 47

Here are my settings / code...

test.php
<? include 'forums/addon_1stpagenews2.php';?>

addon_1stpagenews2.php
$displayForums=array(3);

$limit=5;

$displayMethod=1;

$sort='topic_id DESC';

$post_sort=1;

$maxTxtLength=200;

$path='./forums/';

$l_months='January:February:March:April:May:June:July:August:September:October:November:December';

$dateFormatNews='F j, Y';

$excludeIncludes=FALSE;

Any ideas??

Many thanks!
Ben

Author Guest
~
#2 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 04:46 
Sorry the error im getting is actually this....

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: addgenurlpage() in /home/w/a/wandptraining/public_html/forums/addon_1stpagenews2.php on line 132

Regards,
Ben

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 05:33 
addgenurlpage function was added in the most recent miniBB releases, and the error could mean you are trying to install a newer version of the First page news add-on over your older miniBB version.

Author Guest
~
#4 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 05:58 
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply - I recently (a few weeks ago) updated to the latest release.

This is line 132 in addon_1stpagenews2.php

if(isset($mod_rewrite) and $mod_rewrite) $urlp=addTopicURLPage(genTopicURL($main_url, $forum_id, $forumNames[$forum_id], $topic_id, $topic_title), $page)."#msg{$lm}"; else $urlp=addGenURLPage("{$main_url}/{$indexphp}action=vthread&amp;forum={$forum_id}&amp;topic={$topic_id}", $page)."#msg{$lm}";

Does that info help at all?

Regards,
Ben

Author Guest
~
#5 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 06:27 
Hi Paul,

Just checked and im trying to instal v2.4 of First Page News.

Where do i reference the version of minibb i'm running? I'm almost 100% sure its 2.5a

Thanks

Regards,
Ben

Author Guest
~
#6 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 06:42 
Hi Paul,

Ok, your comment about running an older version of minibb could indeed be correct.

Maybe i missed something when i was updated to the latest version?

I did a search for "addGenURLPage" within the forum directory and no results were displayed which makes me think i did miss something.

Is there anything you can suggest without having todo a clean install of the latest version??

Many thanks

Regards,
Ben

Author Guest
~
#7 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 07:25 
OK, so ignore my last comment about "addGenURLPage" not appearing in my forum code - it does many, many times.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Regards,
Ben

Author Guest
~
#8 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 07:41 
Hi Paul,

Ok, so i re-uploaded some of the files that were required when i updated minbb.

The good news - the front page news now works!! thanks

THE BAD NEWS - I'm getting this error from FF when trying to access our forums...

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Could you possibly advise?

Regards,
Ben

Author Guest
~
#9 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 09:54 
ok, so all sorted.

Clean installed

All working

Nice

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 22 Apr 2011 07:45 
It's nice when the things are rolling without any need to be involved :)

Author Prince
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 22 Apr 2011 12:52 
It's like a comedy Movie :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Problem with 1st page news add-on - keeps Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getclforum
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑