®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

New Forum error

Author Koubic
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 19 Apr 2011 10:09 
Hey,i have big problem,i create new forum name Naše Práce i make save and on forum is only "Na" without "še Práce"
I have coding language Czech ISO,help

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 19 Apr 2011 10:19 
Make sure you have set up the proper encoding for this forum.

I believe the better way is to make it UTF8-compatible.

P.S. It's not a big problem, pal. You have no problem at all. Much bigger problems happen now is in Japan and Libya.

Author Koubic
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 19 Apr 2011 11:06 
I change in database topic_title on TEXT from varchar(255) and i dont know what in this file i make?:( bb_func_txt.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 19 Apr 2011 12:32 
You don't have to touch this file for the latest version. generic bb_func_txt.php file of miniBB package should be used as from the latest version 2.0.3 - that's it, we have 2.5 now. 2.5 is bigger than 2.0.3.

Author Koubic
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 19 Apr 2011 13:57 
What i edit??I have miniBB 2.5 and i have problem with text

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 20 Apr 2011 02:50 
You can have problems if:

- you have set up improper encoding for your forums. I suppose if you have done all instructions for UTF-8 correctly AND translated your language pack in UTF-8 AND set up the proper META tag in language pack, THEN you can not have such problems. Even on a default miniBB encoding, which is iso-8859-1, your characters should work. I've tried to create a forum with the same title like you do, and it went absolutely smoothly in iso-8859-1.

- your database is configured improperly. If this is your local installation, supposing your level of knowledge from your replies, I don't wonder it is set up improperly.

Besides of that, it's all in your hands. If it doesn't work, choose another software, obviously your karma isn't compatible with miniBB.

Author Koubic
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 20 Apr 2011 12:27 
Ok,how make forum only for registered users ?Now on my forum write "Anonymous" and BOTs :/

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 05:30 
Reading Manual and searching our forums may help you a lot in answering regular questions!

Author Koubic
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 06:54 
problem is solved,thx

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 New Forum error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑