®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

css/page content editor

Author schorote
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 1 Apr 2011 02:17 
ok now i played around a week with minibb, and its a lot of fun. ;)

while i tryed to integrate minibb to my page i fall deep on my nose, and than i tryed it in revers (including my page to minibb) and it works good.
I do not know if there is some intrest in, but i did some kind of content managment system (realy rough), let you create articles, witch than can be set up on pages. both is stored in 2 textfiles (articles and structure) for small pages. Independent to the Content, i did a small Form to change the color/fonts of my css.

i know this is the wrong way for a forum to use "static" articles but in my way its easy to design the page and informations "around" the forum, like a News, About, Links, or Whatever page.

the whole php code is done WITHOUT touching the core, but is right now aligned to my site. so if you like it ill have to convert some variables to clear names, and exclude some code from bb_plugins.php (so it does not mess up the overview so much).

I simply ask, because if nobody wants it, i do not need to change anything ;)

by the way, how do i check if a user is logged in from bb_plugins (in special case admin) i did tryed if ($user_ID == 1) but had no luck. hows the right way?

Regards schorote

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 1 Apr 2011 09:55 
I think there are really lots of CMS out there, also based on plain text files, different modes... so if you have the code programmed for yourself, better keep it closed from public, to avoid security holes :) People needing CMS will find it over the web easily.

Lowercase and uppercase matter in PHP. Try if ($user_id == 1).

Author schorote
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 5 Apr 2011 06:49 
thx ;) yeah its closed source m$ strategy for security ;)

btw security: is html/php tag stripping user input a save method to save content in a file?

i like to use

1. (minibbs define, admin chack) before any script
2. stripping tags
3. replacing whole tags '[b]' with '<b>' (not just the brackets [] into <>)

why i am writing it my self? because it should that clear and easy like minibbs forum source.
(most software tend to be huge and oversized in functunalaty and size)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 5 Apr 2011 11:02 
schorote:
is html/php tag stripping user input a save method to save content in a file?
Not sure what exactly kind of "saving content in a file" do you mean? And how BB codes are involved? A bit confused at that point :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 css/page content editor
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑