miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

" Sorry, it seems like an intrusion attempt or your server doesn't support HTTP referrers! " error

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#16 | Posted: 4 Mar 2011 04:42 
Hi Paul and fellow miniBB users,
I repeatedly get the "Sorry, it seems like an intrusion attempt or your server doesn't support HTTP referers" error in Firefox 4.0 beta12 when trying to log into the official miniBB support forums here, or my own miniBB-powered forums.
Given that I encounter no errors logging in using IE, Safari, Opera, or Chrome, I am inclined to suspect the problem lies with the browser (FF4.0beta12)--what do you think?
Does anyone else experience the same problem?
- marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 4 Mar 2011 08:05 
Yes, it may be the problem of the browser, of course. That's what it means "beta".

Author tom322
#18 | Posted: 4 Mar 2011 09:58 
I tend not to use beta products; I think you could "Report this problem" directly from the browser so that they must fix it :

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 4 Mar 2011 11:10 
If somebody knows other way how it could be possible to verify that the script is loading from the originated domain, we could implement it in miniBB. I know the current implementation is not perfect and in some cases it brings problems, for example, for the users behind of firewall, which blocks HTTP_REFERER.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#20 | Posted: 5 Mar 2011 21:22 
Many thanks, Paul and tom322, for your helpful replies. I've reported the issue to Mozilla.
Cheers,
marsbar

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#21 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 03:14 
Hi again everyone,
I could not replicate the problem when testing from a different computer on a different network. So ... perhaps Firefox 4.0beta is not the culprit?
This is all very strange, considering that I'd never experienced any log in problems (from anywhere) - until early this month! :-\
Any ideas ... anyone?
- marsbar (confounded)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#22 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 10:48 
As I know, this may appear when there is kind of local firewall or kind of other "masquerading" tool installed. This often may be the reason for this error.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#23 | Posted: 13 Mar 2011 20:56 
Good news: I've got to the bottom of the problem.
Sending referers had been disabled in Firefox. As I cannot recall disabling the function, it may perhaps be the new default introduced by version 4 of the browser--I will check.

In case anyone else is experiencing the same problem, the method described below is how I enabled/re-enabled sending referers in Firefox. Another method is to use third-party software to manage and control the sending of referers.

In Firefox:
Type about:config in the URL address bar.
Look for network.http.sendRefererHeader in the list of preferences
Right click on network.http.sendRefererHeader and click Modify
Set the value to 2. (0 disables sending referrers)

More info from Mozillazine: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.sendRefererHeader

Cheers,
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#24 | Posted: 14 Mar 2011 05:04 
Thank you!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 " Sorry, it seems like an intrusion attempt or your server doesn't support HTTP referrers! " error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑