®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Change the color Powered by miniBB

Author Quake
#1 | Posted: 4 Feb 2011 11:19 
Hi, how to edit your Powered by miniBB?
Because I have to change its color, because I got a ban for it to Google (which is the background color, I do not want to hide it do not even know!) File main_footer.html do not want to edit, I mean contribs variable. I'm using miniBB 2.5a.

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 09:02 
You can edit the look and place in layout by openin main_footer.html and finding this tag:

{$violating_the_copyright_may_result_in_your_criminal_responsibility}

You can for example wrap it with div:

<div id="copyright">$violating_the_copyright_may_result_in_your_criminal_responsibility}</div>

Then you can edit it's look using CSS. Like this:

div#copyright { font-size: 0.8em; }

Author Quake
#3 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 09:20 
In my opinion, a better way, index.php> at the bottom (footer), add style = "color: # HEX" and save.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 7 Feb 2011 04:20 
I truly didn't understand how could you get a "ban from Google" for something like this. Google can't control colors on your page.

If you edit index.php that means you apply a destructive change and will be forced to apply it each time when you upgrade this file.

Also, in the most recent miniBB releases we don't have contribution text anymore, we have a little logo icon with the alt text over it like this: Powered by miniBB, if you have upgraded from the earliest releases where there was a contribution link with text on it, you may just to replace the tag in the manner kuopassa mentioned above.

Author Quake
#5 | Posted: 8 Feb 2011 06:13 
But in my case the color of the text Powered by miniBB was the same as the background and maybe that's why. I do not like such inscriptions are hidden in the forums, and secondly it helps in the development of miniBB.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 8 Feb 2011 08:22 
Just put the new version's copyright icon, this will help :)

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Change the color Powered by miniBB
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑