Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

2011 Greetings from miniBB

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 14:11 
Happy New Year!

It sounds a bit odd when there is a day or night from the January 13 to 14 worldwide, but in some countries, it's still the *real* new year starting. If we take into observation what is a New Year, it's just the last night of the Gregorian calendar loop, but it was adopted by most countries only in the 20th century. Before, there was used the Julian calendar, and it's still used by the Orthodox Church, and by a couple of small countries on Earth.

We live in the world of so many meanings, that it's a miracle, that there could be something which is got by the big crowd. But it also means, we can't drop the small crowd off the board. And it means, the big crowd's opinion is not always perfect. Gregorian calendar has its leaps like Julian, only they are in much bigger interval, bigger than human life.

But I believe, the thought has a power, and when so many people think about new year, about something new starting in their lives, it gives the unbeliever a good push. I believe, the new year's spiral we have entered, at least will bring something positively new to everyone's life. It feels like the changes are coming, but we only don't have the idea what they will be about.

The same affects miniBB project, too. I can't tell what kind of plans do we have, because then they could not be realized. Let's keep in secret the most sacred things we have in mind this time, I wish all of you to have them finally realized this year.

Greetings from the dangerous town! :-)

Riga Icicles
Riga Icicles
Riga Icicles

P.S. Oh well, we have a Solar Eclipse happening at January 4th, so I after this greeting message I am not sure was it the ending of the old year, just before the Orthodox Christmas, or was it the sign for the new year? :-)

Riga Icicles

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 15:15 
Happy New Year to you and yours, Paul. Folks who follow the Lunar Calendar may be the only ones 'living in the past' now. ;-) New Year will begin for them on 3 Feb (I think!).
All the best -
marsbar

Author pakeeza1990
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 14 Jan 2011 01:37 
a very very warm happy new year you and whole the member of this wonderful forum and i hope they all will good ..

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 2011 Greetings from miniBB
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑