miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Rss not working if Admin allows html in posts!

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 12 Jan 2011 18:14 
Hi

As soon as I allowed Admin to post html rss stopped displaying any data so I suppose it is a bug?

How can I fix this?

Regards
Bluesplayer

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 04:07 
It's not a bug - the RSS add-on should work not depending on what kind of content it displays. But in that case, you must be sure you provided a valid HTML. All tags opened should be HTML markup compatible, they all should be properly closed.

If RSS doesn't display, you should find the nature of its error, it might be seen in Firefox I guess. Most probably this could happen because there is invalid markup provided.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 04:37 
Paul:
It's not a bug - the RSS add-on should work not depending on what kind of content it displays. But in that case, you must be sure you provided a valid HTML. All tags opened should be HTML markup compatible, they all should be properly closed.

If RSS doesn't display, you should find the nature of its error, it might be seen in Firefox I guess. Most probably this could happen because there is invalid markup provided.
Ah right. It seems to be having a problem with £ signs. I should have used ASCII code for it I think instead. Anyways I have altered the default $maxTxtLength to 0 now as I only want to display titles. This seems to have cured the problem now.

Thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 05:04 
I guess you already was having problems with pound signs in RSS thread.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 05:14 
Paul:
I guess you already was having problems with pound signs in RSS thread.
Well on my new forum the posts are displaying fine:

http://ukproducts4u.hopto.org/forum/index.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 11:14 
You are constantly creating forums. One is closing, the other one is opening.

Why? You simply waste your time. You could keep at least one forum for years and then see what happens.

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 11:21 
I have been learning the ropes so to speak. I have created umpteen sites too that have all gone by the wayside. Bluesplayer.co.uk I have kept for a few years now and it is currently receiving 400,000 page loads a day average. My latest project. involving minibb forum. is being housed on my home server setup. I can now put my knowledge about webstuff to good use in creating database driven shops. I figure I will be keeping this new site alive for a long time along with the new minibb forum too. Minbb fits very well into the site design and is easy on system resources.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Rss not working if Admin allows html in posts!
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑