Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Opening Forum error

Author JohnKolen
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 18 Nov 2010 03:38 
Hi There,

I got a problem when opening /index.php?action=vtopic&forum=2
The page can not be opened.

Someone a clue where the error could be?

_j

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 18 Nov 2010 05:15 
One moment, I am looking in my crystal ball ;-)

You get the error message from $l_accessDenied in your language file ./lang/xyz.php ? Then you have an problem in a statement in your bb_plugins.php which your exclude from the forum 2.

Or look in bb_specials.php, you have there forum 2 given special access rights?

Try the original bb_plugins.php and/or the original bb_specials.php. Will you come again in the forum 2 ... you know where you should look for the error. And most of the error cause is sitting right in front of the screen ;-)

I hope you find the error quickly. Have a good day, bye

Author JohnKolen
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 18 Nov 2010 05:41 
I know the question is a bit weird, but the error is thrown in by my safari, so
no real script error.

It says it comes in some kind of loop where it's forwarded en in the end returns
to the original page...

I didn't change anything in bb_plugins.php or bb_specials.php.

hope this makes things a bit more clear..

_j

Author Guest
~
#4 | Posted: 18 Nov 2010 06:28 
JohnKolen:
It says it comes in some kind of loop where it's forwarded en in the end returns to the original page...
Maybe a problem with a .htaccess forwards wrong ? Or a browser problem? I do not know the Safari browser. I work with Firefox

Is in the setup_options.php all right? There could be a mistake, maybe here:

$main_url='...';
$indexphp='index.php?';
$pathToFiles='./';
//$includeHeader='./templates/xyz';
//$includeFooter='./templates/xyz';

I had never problems with minibb in the basic version. Install and running :) The problems are then usually with personal settings. Maybe another member here has the right tip for you - Good luck.

Author JohnKolen
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 18 Nov 2010 06:57 
could it be a problem it a windows-server?

There is no .htaccess file.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 18 Nov 2010 07:45 
Yes, it can - Read more here ...

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 20 Nov 2010 03:27 
The loop may appear because you have improperly configured some of the URL settings or similar. Make sure you have specified URL beginning with 'www' or non-www, depends on what kind of domain you are using. They are very different things.

You may check misconfiguration theory modifying bb_func_vthread.php file, before the code which says

if($requestUrl!=$origUrl and !defined('NO_RELOC')){
paste the lines:

echo "{$origUrl} -- {$requestUrl}";
exit;
this should give output on the screen of two addresses. If they are not equal, the loop will happen. Achieve that they both look identical.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Opening Forum error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑