miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

jump directly into the first forum?

Author Vossomatik
#1 | Posted: 3 Dec 2002 14:32 
hi, i'vs got a little problem: i've got only one formum, so i'd like to jump directly into this forum on "startup" and the "home"-button should also jump to this forum.
another question: i do not need users and passwords, can i disable them? (and also the "registration" of course)

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 3 Dec 2002 15:28 
In setup_options, set
$viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum=1;

i do not need users and passwords, can i disable them? (and also the "registration" of course

Just remove the "Registration" from template (it's $l_menu[2]).

Author Vossomatik
#3 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 11:59 
wonderful! that "viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum=1" thing works...but i can't find that registration thing ..what do you mean with $|_menu[2] ??

sorry, but Ii'm a newbie, and it's my first board at all... thank you for your support!

Author Vossomatik
#4 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:03 
ah, one thing: when registration is disabled, the admin panel should be availible, of course...

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:05 
You just need to remove "Registration" menu point from template main_header.html

Registration will still work after that, but only if users know the exact URL :) You just will not to worry them about that.

Author Vossomatik
#6 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:32 
ok, that works. but there are still the "name" and "password" fields at the bottom. it's a little..confusing..you can't register but there ist a name/password field..can it be removed too?

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:34 
Yes, you can also remove them from the template :) Probably, you will need to remove only password field.

Author Vossomatik
#8 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:45 
grr... i can't find the correct template.. wich one is it? it is soooo difficult ;)

Author Vossomatik
#9 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:48 
ok one last thing :) which is the direct link to the admin panel? ../templates/admin_login.html doesen't work so good, i think

Author Vossomatik
#10 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:55 
the last thing is solved... /bb_admin.php ..ok ok that wasn't that difficult :)

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:56 
user_login_form.html

which is the direct link to the admin panel?

Usually it is bb_admin.php, but for security reasons you need to rename it, of course.

Author Vossomatik
#12 | Posted: 4 Dec 2002 13:01 
ok thanks.. now, it looks the way i wanted. thank you

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 jump directly into the first forum?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑