®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
qwerty miniBB Support Forums / qwerty /  

Your Baby Can Read: Early Language Development System

Author lancy
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 20 Oct 2010 23:59 
At first my daughter watched it just like any other kid's show. Now, she knows they will say the word twice, and she looks down while they are saying the words, and then looks up when they show the fun video part. So I have added flash cards that I show to her at other times. I made sure to write the words in lower case letters so that they will look like the words she sees on the video. I just do a few at a time, since her attention span isn't very long, and I don't want to make reading a chore for her. I also write the words on her magna doodle in an attempt to make it more interesting. She knows how to read many words from the DVD by sight, and is the talk of the town, but of course she cannot sound words out. The theory behind "Your Baby Can Read" is that your baby will eventually figure out how to sound out words if she learns enough words. She confuses similar words pretty often, like yes and eyes. She also forgets a lot of the words if I don't review them with her for a couple of days.

----------------------

your baby can read dvd
prison break dvd 1-4
the tribe dvd 1-5
charmed dvd 1-8
true blood dvd 1-3

qwerty miniBB Support Forums / qwerty /
 Your Baby Can Read: Early Language Development System
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑