®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Forums Error

Author atxbgplyr
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 27 Aug 2010 17:02 
In my testing of the Forums I am having an error and I do not know how to proceed. First I have modified the forum so that it uses my own membership table. Second I tried to modify the forum so that it would refer to my field in my table which contained the Avatar, but that does not work, there are too many places in miniBB where the user_custom1 field is hard coded.

Now I have under the name of the member on the posts the characters "admin", but they are not administrators, and instead of showing the avatar I am being asked if I want to delete the avatar.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 28 Aug 2010 12:58 
Field names are not hard-coded in miniBB and could be re-defined under $dbUserShema setting of setup_options.php.

All other details are related to some mistake you've made during synchronization. Without seeing your files and code it's impossible to tell what exactly.

Author atxbgplyr
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 28 Aug 2010 13:59 
I have narrowed the problem down to the "Posts" table. The poster-id in that table is always being recorded as "1"???

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 29 Aug 2010 05:10 
It's definitely wrong - poster's ID should be equal to user ID from 'users' table.
Try to verify your code again, there is some kind of error inside...

Author atxbgplyr
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 29 Aug 2010 20:12 
I have resolved problems. Everything is working wonderful now. Thanks so much for your patience Paul.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Forums Error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑