miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Quick Style Change (drop-down box)

Author ivan79
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Jun 2010 17:29 
Quick Style Change

This is very simple to implement.

File edits: 2
setup_options.php
/templates/main_footer.html
or main_header.html (or whatever you want to your dropdown box appear)

Click here to Download.

Screenshot:

Style

Note: This is not complete my work. I found some instructions on this forum and just add drop down box.

Author astass
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 06:04 
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/******/****/***/setup_options.php on line 156

line 156
if(isset($_GET['theme'])){

Author ivan79
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 07:19 
I just download and install it on basic miniBB and its working fine.
You probably missed "(" or ")" or "{ )" somewhere in setup_options.php

(Also, try to delete empty lines between code)

Did you delete or change php remarks (/*whatever thing you write*/) ?

Author astass
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 08:41 
ivan79:
I just download and install it on basic miniBB and its working fine.You probably missed "(" or ")" or "{ )" somewhere in setup_options.php(Also, try to delete empty lines between code)Did you delete or change php remarks (/*whatever thing you write*/) ?
Nothing is removed or changed ... I tried to put issued already occurred ...

Author ivan79
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 08:59 
Look at this post:
CSS Skin changing code using cookies and GET parameter

If you look closer thats the same code. I just added dropdown box, tested and its working fine.

Backup setup_options.php and replace with default/basic. Than paste code from this addon. You obviuosly pasted code in wrong place or replace it with some remarks or "{ ( )..." .

Author astass
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 12:00 
I'm stupid. I have changed something in the template and this was a mistake ... Now everything works, but there is a problem. The fact that the last 10 words in the topic for now on the main page are not displayed. They were replaced by N / A

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 12:04 
astass:
I'm stupid.
It's a very rare case when a user calls stupid himself, not a programmer ;-)

Author astass
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 22 Jun 2010 12:14 
Paul:
It's a very rare case when a user calls stupid himself, not a programmer ;-)
Self-criticism is fun ;-) ... Here in general a great audience. I'm used to that programmers usually show off, but here to help.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Quick Style Change (drop-down box)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑