®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace()

Author manas
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 4 Jun 2010 06:58 
While I click forgot password, its asking an email address for send the password to the email id. After giving email id I am getting this error on the top of the header as below:-

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\forums\bb_func_sendpwd.php on line 32

And the line no 32 is:

${$dbUserNp}=substr(ereg_replace("[^0-9A-Za-z]", "A", writeUserPwd(uniqid(rand()))),0,8); $newPasswd=${$dbUserNp};

Any help on this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 4 Jun 2010 09:43 
Ok, you may replace all eregi_* statements to preg_* if your PHP version experiences this. Like I already proposed in this thread.

Here, you may try the code:

${$dbUserNp}=substr(preg_replace("#[^0-9A-Za-z]#", "A", writeUserPwd(uniqid(rand()))),0,8); $newPasswd=${$dbUserNp};

Author manas
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 4 Jun 2010 22:09 
After doing the modification I am getting error like as below:-

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp\www\forums\bb_functions.php on line 231

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 7 Jun 2010 03:38 
This error is related to the mailing function, not ereg_replace. It seems you don't have SMTP server installed, that's why the script won't be able to send emails. Set up

$genEmailDisable=1;

under setup_options.php.

We're providing free support only on business days.

P.S. This has been fixed in miniBB 2.5.

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Deprecated: Function ereg_replace()
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑