®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Who's Online add-on: Permission denied

Author JamesReeves
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 18 May 2010 21:38 
Hello, first of all thank you very much for this script and all the documentation about it. I found it pretty easy to set-up, it was going good but then I got an error after initial setup. Although under the errors I can still use the forum. These errors are todo with addon_whosonline, these are what it's saying ...
Warning: unlink(./shared_files/addon_whosonline_data.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/a8057066/public_html/minibb/addon_whosonline.php on line 35 , Warning: rename(./shared_files/addon_whosonline_data.php) [function.rename]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/a8057066/public_html/minibb/addon_whosonline.php on line 36 , Warning: rename(/tmp/ECmtfQ,./shared_files/addon_whosonline_data.php) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /home/a8057066/public_html/minibb/addon_whosonline.php on line 36 , Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/a8057066/public_html/minibb/addon_whosonline.php on line 39

If you guys can help I'd appriciate it very much.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 19 May 2010 02:31 
I can't say exactly without debugging files, but "Permission denied" error is related to file permissions. Did you set 0777 permissions for both 'shared_files' folder and 'addon_whosonline_data.php' file?

It could be also related to the Safe Mode enabled on your server.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Who's Online add-on: Permission denied
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑