®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Auto-sign in feature removal / modification

Author Prince
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 8 May 2010 04:54 
for security reason, for example if user signed in forum then won't be active about 10 min (up to their settings).. after that when he wanna refresh the page or come back in forum..
he must sign in again in forum.. not auto sign in.. hope you get me ;)
is it possible?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 8 May 2010 06:41 
Prince:
is it possible?
Nothing is impossible.

Prince:
won't be active about 10 min (up to their settings)
Ok, the first question here is how would you apply it to user settings? They must be set up under Profile, that requires new profile's field addition.

When such field is available and read in bb_cookie.php, another code may dynamically change the following settings (explanations given in Manual):

$cookie_expires=900; //15 minutes
$cookie_renew=600; //10 minutes
That will set the cookie to expire in 15 minutes, and if user won't be active within 10 minutes, it should be re-logged in again.

This modification requires the current bug being fixed in miniBB.

I didn't tried that all on my side, because it's the question of your custom request, and this is all the information I could provide. Such thing requires a lot of extra coding. Not a simple one for newbies.

Author Prince
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 May 2010 14:40 
Paul:
That will set the cookie to expire in 15 minutes,
Thank u so much.. that works well..
Paul:
Not a simple one for newbies.
Yeah.. you're right ;)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Auto-sign in feature removal / modification
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑