®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Limitation for guests module

Author astass
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 27 Mar 2010 12:15 
There is a suggestion ... Make module LIMITATION guests. The essence of the work: The guest can write a message, but only a limited number of characters. Let's say a guest can write no more than 20-30 characters. Number of characters can be set with the admin panel. This is a handy option in my opinion. Since cuts spammer attempts to add a huge number of options and other harmful information. Later, this module can further develop and implement a system of restrictions for those who do not obey the rules of the resource. Such a user also can set limits on the number of characters in the message.
---
Ru
Есть такое предложение... Сделать модуль ОГРАНИЧЕНИЕ для гостей. Суть работы: Гость может писать сообщения, но только ограниченное количество символов. Скажем гостем можно написать не более 20-30 символов. Количество символов можно задавать с админ-панели. Это удобная опция на мой взгляд. Так как отсекает спамерские попытки добавления большого количества всяких ссылок и прочей неполезной информации. Позднее этот модуль можно доработать и внедрить систему ограничений для тех кто не соблюдает правила ресурса. Такому пользователю тоже можно поставить ограничения на количество символов в сообщении.

Author Guest
~
#2 | Posted: 28 Mar 2010 04:27 
This is quite handy! Thanks!

Author shakir
#3 | Posted: 28 Mar 2010 14:01 
Good idea. Would have realized this plugin.

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 28 Mar 2010 20:49 
The problem is, the word like 'fcuk you' only takes 8 chars and it's easy to overpass this for those who really want to do harm :

Author astass
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 29 Mar 2010 00:56 
tom322:
The problem is, the word like 'fcuk you' only takes 8 chars and it's easy to overpass this for those who really want to do harm :
No, this is a word filter. The essence of another. Example:

http://blablabla.com/spam%spam%spam%/spamparam

Guest can add these options set.
A limit in characters truncates this possibility. Of course this is not a panacea for spam, but in other forums had ever seen.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 29 Mar 2010 02:38 
It's not about limitation of characters at all, but about limitation for guests to not post an URL or web address. And - we already have such module here:

" Anti guest addon " - Reducing spam - guests cannot post links

Limitation of characters is really annoying in terms of posting for guests. Guests may also post a very useful message. Here on our board we have at least 15% of useful and stored messages posted by guests. I doubt that miniBB would be useful if there would be such "limitations" introduced. I am personally against such thing, it's more seems like a limitation of free thinking than preventing spam.

Author ericj
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 29 Mar 2010 05:11 
I am agree with Paul : if you have allowed guests to post, so let them talk ! ;)

Author Guest
~
#8 | Posted: 29 Mar 2010 05:14 
What can I say? And I agree ... However Baule that you want an addon (or rather alternative) is.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Limitation for guests module
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑