Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Warning: substr_count() [function.substr-count]: Empty substring... error

Author BBG
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 15 Mar 2010 13:24 
Ok I looked at the post and I have a new install
I have tried the NotePad2 and I have looked to see what may or may not be right.

Please take a look by signing up on the site and see what I see http://bondbunnygaming.info/index.php

This is what I get:

Warning: substr_count() [function.substr-count]: Empty substring in /home/bunny/public_html/index.php on line 46

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bunny/public_html/index.php:46) in /home/bunny/public_html/bb_cookie.php on line 101

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bunny/public_html/index.php:46) in /home/bunny/public_html/bb_cookie.php on line 87

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bunny/public_html/index.php:46) in /home/bunny/public_html/bb_functions.php on line 293

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bunny/public_html/index.php:46) in /home/bunny/public_html/bb_functions.php on line 294

Please help me I really like to get this started up.

Oyea I used miniBB Compiler to get my files , this might help to get something fixed.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 15 Mar 2010 14:29 
In general, substr_count() function of PHP may give this error, if its second parameter (i.e. 'needle') is empty / has no value. And because this function gives an error, you get all the other headers-related errors after all.

For your case, it appears you didn't set up $main_url setting of setup_options.php properly.

You should have set it without ending slash.

Author BBG
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 16 Mar 2010 07:50 
wow I put it in but forgot to save, thanks it is working so far.

Ok 2 main last main questions?

1) Where do I change the "You are not allowed to perform this action." ?

2) Where do I charge the Email Message ?

miniBB is looking good, Thanks again

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 16 Mar 2010 09:20 
1) Here is How to find where to edit this and that . It's under language pack (lang/eng.php).

2) It's under templates/email_*... depends on what kind of email you would like to change.

Author BBG
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 16 Mar 2010 10:58 
Thanks a bunches

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Warning: substr_count() [function.substr-count]: Empty substring... error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑