Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

"Thanks" Button

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »

Author astass
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 30 Nov 2009 23:27 
So that visitors can put "thanks". Need a button. It is tied to the session. On a separate page you can see who put thanks. And if I make a place where there will be records for the projects that we thank you. That would be super. This is the system reputation.
Please excuse me for bad English :(

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 1 Dec 2009 03:39 
I didn't understand anything.

Author astass
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 1 Dec 2009 05:20 
Paul:
I didn't understand anything.
button thanks. able to express gratitude.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 1 Dec 2009 07:43 
If you would use QUOTES and syntax in your text, it would be much more better to understand. It would be even more better if you provide screenshots.

Ok, as far as I understand, you need kind of Voting, right? People put +1 or -1 to the certain topic. Or per the certain message?

Anyway... you may check the related thread... it has been already discussed, and I owe the add-on which allows to collect votings for a topic. It's a paid add-on. I don't have anything related to the voting per message.

As far as I understand, you want it for free, so I don't have actually to suggest at the moment.

Also, this function is not related to the system reputation in any way. It's the same public opinion as anything else. And public opinion is never related to kind of reputation. It's very subjective.

All in all, "reputation" itself is a very subjective term ;-)

Author astass
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 1 Dec 2009 08:00 
Paul
No! It's just a single button, called "thank you". To add your message, how many times you say thank you for your message. This is not a system of +1 and -1. For example, your profile will be a line where it will be recorded how many times said "thank you"
It almost reputation system. :) Because it shows how many times said "thank you". If you do so it was obvious that nickname who said thank you, it would be very good.
Again sorry for my english: (

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#6 | Posted: 1 Dec 2009 15:03 
astass:
To add your message, how many times you say thank you for your message.
@astass: Like Paul, I have trouble understanding you.

Do you mean ...

a) a system that will record how many times OTHER PEOPLE have said thank you to YOU?

OR

b) a system that will record how many times YOU have said thank you to OTHER PEOPLE?

Author astass
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 00:38 
marsbar:
:)
Please see the picture

Near the Nick Users can keep statistics on how many times said "thank you"

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#8 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 02:53 
@astass: Ah-hah! I think understand now: at the bottom of each message, you wish to add a 'thank you' button and have the names of those who have clicked the button displayed. Correct? :)

Author astass
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 02:55 
marsbar:
#8 | Posted: Today, 02:53
Exactly! You all have understood correctly:)
Точно! Вы все правильно поняли :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 03:56 
You would need to provide such screenshot from the very beginning :-)

Anyway, it appears to be a custom implementation, we don't have anything like this at the moment. We could develop this add-on for a fee only. About $50-$60.

Author astass
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 04:10 
Paul:
... We could develop this add-on for a fee only. About $50-$60.
This is a decent price.
I just started to learn HTML. And try to make this add-on. If this happens, well, I can add it later to provide developers of this forum. I have a few people who can help. They now helped me with the "spoiler". My "spoiler" better than what is on this forum. I can sell "add-on - spoiler", are finished with the tests.

In 50 -60 $ I can buy a better hosting service for Russian localization miniBB.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 04:13 
It's all up to you :-) The price covers 3 hours of our work. If you think somebody could do it faster than in 3 hours, you're welcome.

You may sell miniBB add-ons unlimited as well. We don't have any claims to that. So far we don't have "spoiler" add-on, but I suppose it would be easy to create one, just modifying CSS for the [quote] or [HL] BB code, and replicating Quote code itself. It's very easy and it doesn't need even 10 minutes of work on my side.

Author astass
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 04:24 
Paul
I have no doubt that you can do everything quickly and qualitatively. :)
I like this forum. I am happy to install it. Soon I will have wmz and I can sacrifice a little on the further development of this resource. I will provide add-on for this forum. Some free, some for money. If you need a hosting service for Russian localization of the forum, let me know about it. As I understand the domain you have already, I might have to pay for hosting for a year.

P.S. I have more designer:) but I like what you are doing. If you accept WMZ report on what purse to pay?
Again sorry for my english: (

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 05:05 
If you are about minibb.ru, we do not owe it.

It's taken by somebody else (actually, Maxim Ananyev and his private company) and they are trying to sell it to us for about $2000-$3000. Of course it's not the price we're going to pay.

Thanks for the hosting offer, we will run dedicated server soon and I doubt we will need any hosting company's service.

Yes, we accept WMZ.

Author Nalinith
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 5 Dec 2009 10:47 
If there are others wondering more about this, I'm a member of another website that using vBulletin with this add on. You can see the picture here:

ThankYou

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 "Thanks" Button
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑