®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Restricted Category

Author Nalinith
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 18 Nov 2009 20:43 
I was curious to know how I go about making certain categories restricted to certain user ids. Kind of like having a VIP section. I've looked at a previous example that works for topics, but not sure how to go about it for categories.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 19 Nov 2009 02:39 
If you mean a closed forums which is allowed for certain users only, take a look at the $clForums, $clForumsUsers options. Read: Manual - Private Forums.

Author Nalinith
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 19 Nov 2009 16:34 
Ah, Thanks so much! Sorry that this has probably been asked before and that it's even in the manual! :(

Though, I hope for others that search for this find this thread and see your link to the manual.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 20 Nov 2009 04:03 
No problem, pal.

Author RAM
#5 | Posted: 24 Nov 2009 04:50 
Is it possible to make a private forum visible to everybody, with only possibility to write limited to a certain group of users?

An archive forum is fine, but it requires granting users moderator's privileges to write in it. They will see others' IPs and so on, that I dislike.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 24 Nov 2009 07:13 
You may get some ideas from this thread:
Private forum, but visible for everyone

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Restricted Category
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑