Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

ICQ Appears in Post - Under username

Author jontrac
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 30 Oct 2009 05:45 
Hi guys,

I am thinking whether it is insanely hard to insert the ICQ number of the member under their name in post. Since I am not a programmer, it is very hard for me. I would be much appreciated if someone may help this is request.

Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 30 Oct 2009 06:24 
There is a 'hidden' option in miniBB called $customProfileList. It is set under setup_options.php and defines the order of profile fields to display.

Example:

$customProfileList=array('username', 'user_regdate', 'user_email', 'num_topics', 'num_posts', 'user_from', 'user_icq', 'user_website', 'user_occ', 'user_interest', 'activity');
If you see the logics, it puts database field names in the proper order, and all values of these fields will be displayed on user's profile page that way. You may put 'user_icq' in the place you like.

Author jontrac
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 30 Oct 2009 07:03 
I think you got me wrong. I was not talking about the order of the fields in the profile page, but about the topic view page.

Thanks.

Author Guest
~
#4 | Posted: 2 Nov 2009 03:19 
Pay attention at the $userInfoInPosts option and how it's bundled with miniBB. Few add-ons use this option to display the same you want. For example, take a look at the gender add-on or signatures. Use the same approach.

Author jontrac
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 2 Nov 2009 05:18 
Guest:
Pay attention at the $userInfoInPosts option and how it's bundled with miniBB. Few add-ons use this option to display the same you want. For example, take a look at the gender add-on or signatures. Use the same approach.
Thanks. I'll definitely try this recommendation. :)

Author jontrac
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 2 Nov 2009 05:50 
Tried and it works perfectly! Thanks "Guest".

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 ICQ Appears in Post - Under username
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑