miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ef56() (previously declared in" and "eval()'d code"

Author Sidar
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 08:34 
Hi guys,

When trying to reach my private forum I get this error message:

Fatal error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ef56() (previously declared in /storage/mijndomein/users/038170/public/sites/www.rudaw.nl/Redactie5/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:1) in /storage/mijndomein/users/038170/public/sites/www.rudaw.nl/Redactie5/bb_functions.php(1) : eval()'d code on line 1

Anyone got a clue what I can do about it?

The funny thing is, a short-term solution I've discovered is deleting bb_functions.php and replacing it by a new one. It works, but only for a couple hours after which the abovementioned error message displays again.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 08:41 
This error can't come from miniBB original files. It's not our function.

Author Sidar
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 08:42 
I don't understand? The second part points at bb_functions.php, or doesn't it?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 09:36 
I can't know what's happening in your remote files. There is no such function ef56() in the original miniBB's bb_functions.php. You may download and see it for yourself...

Additionally, there is no code in miniBB where we would use eval() or similar procedures.

BTW you have removed miniBB copyright link without our permission (actually REPLACED our link with your own directly stealing the copyright), so usually we don't even reply to questions from pirates. Shame on you.

Author tom322
#5 | Posted: 23 Oct 2009 09:52 
Paul:
BTW you have removed miniBB copyright link without our permission (actually REPLACED our link with your own directly stealing the copyright), so usually we don't even reply to questions from pirates. Shame on you.
Not to mention your site or server was hacked, look up this file (trojan) in your folders:

seoshell.com/images/cpackage_clip_image001_0009.php

Author Sidar
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 25 Oct 2009 06:19 
@ Paul

Really? How can I change that back again? It wasn't my intention to do so. I'm not an expert so I've probably changed something without knowing.

@ Tom

Yes I'm aware. I'm working on it right now.

Could it be that this trojan is adding codes such as 'eval' or 'ef56' and by that causing errors for my forum?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 26 Oct 2009 03:31 
Sidar:
Could it be that this trojan is adding codes such as 'eval' or 'ef56' and by that causing errors for my forum?
It's most likely because of that. You need to determine the nature of the error... how it could be possible? Do you use other 3rd party scripts on your website?

Sidar:
How can I change that back again? It wasn't my intention to do so. I'm not an expert so I've probably changed something without knowing.
The copyright link is untouched under the original main_footer.html template, you can just put it back... Anyway who will believe you that it was done without knowing :-) You absolutely knew what you're doing replacing copyright URL and the original image, thus modifying the core index file...

Author Sidar
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 30 Oct 2009 10:41 
I don't care if you or others believe it or not. Trust me.

But if it is something that you don't permit when releasing this -by the way amazing- software, it's just not right. It would be unfair to the developers of minibb forums and that is why I want to change it back. I know how annoying respectless 'copycats' and the like can be.

Is it ok however to change the logo in the header? I'm talking about the little logo with 'minibb' written in it. I must have tried to change that into the name of the forum.

Will try to change the footer asap though. Thanks for the help.

Author tom322
#9 | Posted: 30 Oct 2009 14:25 
Sidar:
Is it ok however to change the logo in the header?
This is OK to change.

Author Guest
~
#10 | Posted: 2 Nov 2009 03:31 
You should read miniBB license and copyrighting information more carefully before saying "trust me". Who are you to trust you? Just another anonymous guy. minibb team at least is not anonymous. You disrespect the business if you're telling such things and, specially, remove the copyright without allowance.

Author Guest
~
#11 | Posted: 2 Dec 2009 11:06 
ef56() is a function used by hacker groups to deface your website.

any code within eval shouldnt be trusted.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ef56() (previously declared in" and "eval()'d code"
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑