®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

How to get minibb version 2.3?

Author Ojlert
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 11 Oct 2009 13:30 
Where can I download minibb version 2.3?

2.4 has changes in it which would cause me to have to update some addons and I want as little hazzle as possible.

It would be good if there was some file archive for old versions of minibb and addons.

Maybe some kind soul can upload it to the forum file bank?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 12 Oct 2009 03:13 
We don't support older (outdated) versions of the software, so we don't provide their downloads. Maybe on Internet you may find some archived versions, but I still would not recommend to use them.

What's so critical in miniBB 2.4 in your opinion? You may update all add-ons too, which are compatible with it. You would need to update add-ons even if you install 2.3.

Author Ojlert
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 12 Oct 2009 11:15 
You may update all add-ons - that's the problem.. I don't want to mess around with more stuff than necessary at the moment since I'm short on time and energy.

If it had not been for that I would probably have upgraded to 2.4.. Maybe I won't have any alternative now anyway.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 12 Oct 2009 11:20 
I don't have an idea what kind of add-ons you have, but not all of them needs to be upgraded because of 2.4... anyway, that's the way how we work. Sorry again, but on the other hand we don't have time and energy to support the outdated versions.

Author Ojlert
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 12 Oct 2009 11:38 
Old versions could be made available but clearly listed as not supported.. Anyway, thanks for a great forum software and great support..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 13 Oct 2009 08:04 
Ok :-)

Anyway just a recommendation would be to upgrade your forums using a clean version. Then you may add plugins by their importance, as users may request... and even if it would be ever needed to upgrade some of them. That way you may drop the unused add-ons and save your time. Once in 3 years I think it would be worth job ;-) Good luck!

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 How to get minibb version 2.3?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑