miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

How to get rid of pending message in the premoderation plugin?

Author Groucho
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Oct 2009 06:19 
Hi there,

I have a problem with the installation of the premoderation plugin, especially with the "posts not visible hack".

The plugin runs, ie if a not registered user posts a message, it will not be displayed in the board, but there appears a text, that tells other users that there is a message waiting to be checked.

To solve this problem, there is a "posts not visible hack". As fas as I understand, I have to add the following code to the parseMessage - function in the "bb_plugins.php"-file.

The code is:
/* Premoderation hack - do not display pending messages at all */
if($GLOBALS['action']=='vthread' and isset($GLOBALS['preModerationType']) and $GLOBALS['preModerationType']>0){
if($GLOBALS['posterText']==$GLOBALS['l_postQueued']) $GLOBALS['tpl']=''; else $GLOBALS['tpl']=makeUp('main_posts_cell');
//return;
}
/* --Premoderation hack */

I have tried to copy that to this function at several differnt positions, but I can't get rid of the "pending"-message.

Could anybody please help me to get this plugin running?

Thanks in advance,
Groucho

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 9 Oct 2009 06:53 
First of all, make sure you're running the latest version of miniBB.

Second, we provide free installation/fix of this add-on, if you provide us temporary FTP access to your files and URL to your forums. Contact us privately.

I've checked on my side, and this code purely works.

Don't forget that for new topics there is a different code. If new topic is pending approval, you shall use the code for parseTopic function to not display it in the list.

And... from my experience I know it's often confusing for users to not see what they have been just posted. It leads them to re-post their message many times until they understand it won't be displayed until approved ;-)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 How to get rid of pending message in the premoderation plugin?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑