miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Pre-formatting add-on splits UTF characters

Author spyros
#1 | Posted: 1 Oct 2009 11:28 
Hi can you help me setting UTF8... I get some weird symbols inside the pre tag. I have install gr8 language pack

Thanks!!
spyros

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 1 Oct 2009 13:48 
spyros
What do you see in the source code in such place? Are there strange symbols, too, or some HTML entities?

Author spyros
#3 | Posted: 2 Oct 2009 04:50 
sorry for the delay of my answer...

I realize that I am getting a certain symbol only at each point the line brakes and the same at the start of the next one... The rest of the text is readable

Is there a way to make the text inside the "pre" tag float as the regular text; and if not how can I get rid of those symbols

Sorry if there is an obvious answer to my questions, I am a web designer -not a programmer- so I am not that into the PHP world : )

thanks again for your time
Spyros

Author spyros
#4 | Posted: 2 Oct 2009 04:55 
the symbol I get is something like that �

(sorry for double posting... )

Author Sergei
Team member
#5 | Posted: 5 Oct 2009 04:07 
Hello. Can you show us an example? And post the text you're putting in the "pre" tag here?

Author spyros
#6 | Posted: 5 Oct 2009 10:39 
ok I get something like that:

[pre] ( :oops: :oops: ) �
�. 1
3-4 3-4 "" ...
10-15 . 1 �
�, 2-3
( ...).[/pre]

Author spyros
#7 | Posted: 5 Oct 2009 10:43 
well not exactly something like that... something is happening with the encoding again... I'll try to make a "dummy" example...

Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming�
� id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer�
� adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna�
� aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation�
� ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

something like that but with greek characters...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 6 Oct 2009 04:29 
Here on our board, PRE tag is disabled, it would be more useful to see this in action on your own website. If you don't want to provide URL publically, you can use our contact form and send it to use directly to check, thanks.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Pre-formatting add-on splits UTF characters
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑