Author Dimedrol
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 16 Aug 2009 04:45 
Hello!

I'm migrating my very old forum to the MiniBB platform
and got a question:

how can I split my topics list to pages as I can see, for example here -
_ttp://www.minibb.com/forums/specific-20/
See, at the top of page there are some pagination controls [1] [2] [3].... ect...

On my forum (the only one forum on site with $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum=1; option) if I go on the forum page, I see all my topics (several hundreds) together.
It tooks a long time to load.

So, I didn't find this pagination setting in a setup_options.php.

How to do that?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 17 Aug 2009 00:20 
The pagination setting is under $viewmaxtopic and it doesn't depend if you have $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum set to 0 or 1. It works for both cases. If $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum is set to 1, it only means the script loads the intermediate forum page immediately instead of loading the first page - there is used the same pagination as on any intermediate forum.

Make sure to check this on the clean miniBB installation with no add-ons installed, may be some of the extra codes messes this up.

Author Dimedrol
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 17 Aug 2009 04:03 
Paul, thanks, I found what it was.
It was my mistake, because I have populated your MySQL tables with my own script and forgot to update field in _forums table of topics count... ;-)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 How to create pagination for topics?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑