Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Hide a subforum from recent disscusions

Author mark
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Jul 2009 04:06 
Hi

First would like to say sorry this is in the wrong area.

Now for my reasons i have a spam/junk subforum for an alliance forum to a game I play.Now i would very much like to exclude any post/topics made in this forum from the recent disscusions area so that the more important information will show and stay around a little longer for my members that only wish to view the other areas.

Now i have come up with a possiable solution but it only seems to work for the admin account and removes the recent disscusions from all other account types.

This is what i did to get this fair
in bb_func_ldisc.php the follow line of code:

if($cols=db_simpleSelect(0, $Tt, 'topic_id, topic_title, topic_poster, topic_poster_name, topic_time, forum_id, posts_count, topic_last_post_id, topic_views, topic_last_post_time, topic_last_poster','','','',$orderBy,$viewlastdiscussions)){

i change to:

if($cols=db_simpleSelect(0, $Tt, 'topic_id, topic_title, topic_poster, topic_poster_name, topic_time, forum_id, posts_count, topic_last_post_id, topic_views, topic_last_post_time, topic_last_poster','forum_id','!=','4',$orderBy,$viewlastdiscussions)){

now from my understanding of the db_simpleSelect statement the very small change i made should add to the query where forum_id!=4 which is works for admin accoutn but not others.

I cant seem to find anyway to move on from here so would this require custom work by you guys or is it a simple mistake by me.

thanks for your time

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 9 Jul 2009 06:07 
You just need to look at the Manual more carefully, no need for the custom solution... the option is already there: $lastOut and here is how to exclude a forum from the recent discussions.

Author mark
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 Jul 2009 07:00 
Now i feel silly i looked at that option but it diddn't seem to do anything as an admin so i thought it hadnt worked just logged in on a test account and it does work.

right time to book myself in for an eye test and brain upgrade i think

thanks

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Hide a subforum from recent disscusions
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑