®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

search n replace?

Author laborspy
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 30 May 2009 15:54 
I have a couple people that are signing up in my forum and posting their url to an adult website. i ban them and they come back.

is there anyway that i can do a global search/replace that each time they do so it goes to something else?

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 30 May 2009 19:14 
There is a keyword replacer add-on*, which you might want to consider checking out. (*non-official miniBB add-on.)

miniBB's Premoderation add-on* offers the option to automatically pre-moderate all posts from new members. (*official miniBB paid add-on.)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 1 Jun 2009 02:37 
laborspy
Every forum and every public site nowadays is under attack of spammers, so the only important thing you need to do, is to constantly watch your forums, delete improper posts and lock improper users. You can react only after that somebody has posted an improper content. Like Marsbar mentioned, if you would like to react before, install Premoderation add-on for certain users and new accounts.

In general, until URL is posted in clear text, it doesn't have spammers effect. They look only for hyperlinks (mostly). In miniBB, there is a setting called $allowHyperlinks (under setup_options.php). It defines the amount of messages user must post before he can post hyperlinks (and before posted URLs will be auto-converted to hyperlinks). In most cases setting this option is enough. On our forums, most of the spammers seeing they can't post hyperlinks, do not post quite often.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 search n replace?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑