miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

login with facebook connect // google friend connect

Author tha
#1 | Posted: 28 Apr 2009 02:57 
That would be something really new and interesting i would be willing to pay for.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 28 Apr 2009 03:52 
Well...
we need an explanation on what such options mean to proceed further :-) Nobody from us is using Facebook or Google friends (?) or what that stuff is about.

And which way do you see, in general, miniBB should work with that?..

Author tha
#3 | Posted: 28 Apr 2009 05:47 
Please make it possible to login into miniBB with a facebook/google/openid/yahoo... account
Instead of registering a new account

http://www.google.com/friendconnect/
http://developers.facebook.com/connect.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 28 Apr 2009 06:22 
I guess it's the same story as with open ID.

Honestly saying we are not fans of such "technologies", because they make it 'possible' to log-in, but they don't give possibility to extend the profiles etc. miniBB is not created for a social network, it's standalone application for a certain website. How Google or Facebook may be involved to that? Just because of their PR-actions?

Make your price offer, I guess nobody from us will work with that thing for a tea money.

Author tha
#5 | Posted: 28 Apr 2009 07:50 
Too bad. Wether you or me are fans or not... In my oppinion are what today is called "social network" the future in communications. And if we want it or not - google connect/open id/facebook connect/ect - is just the first step to our future. Like it was before with offline and online in the future will be connected or disconnected.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 28 Apr 2009 08:43 
What's today is called a "social network" is a deadline of human being I suppose.

miniBB was never planned to force people to sit day and night in front of the computer, and I am proud actually that this software is an underground alternative to what monopolists are trying to give as a "future". If you think carefully, it's not a future at all. The future is constantly changing, and it doesn't depend on Google or Facebook.

Anyway, I haven't denied the development at all - just make your business offer, and we will program it (if that will be possible), it's not a problem.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 login with facebook connect // google friend connect
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑