®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Private Messaging add-on problem: ignore user operation produces a mySQL error

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 18 Apr 2009 11:48 
When I try and ignore a user that doesn't exists I got this message.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(user_id,blocked_id,blocked_date,blocked_reason) values ('1','9200',now(),'asdf'' at line 1. Please, try another name or value.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix to check if user exists? Thanks

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 18 Apr 2009 12:06 
For me it seems to work correctly - when I try to block non-existing user I get "Access denied" message.

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 18 Apr 2009 14:23 
In the pop up box that says Please note why would you like to block this user: if I type in same random keys that is the error I get.

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 18 Apr 2009 14:46 
Still no such error in the pop-up, even when I turned on: error_reporting (E_ALL); Maybe try to repair database tables in cpanel or phpmyadmin.

Author Guest
~
#5 | Posted: 19 Apr 2009 08:00 
What table is it? I see pmessages_inbox , remind, sent, settings. I browsed them for the banned list but couldn't find it? No one else can produce this error?

Author tom322
#6 | Posted: 20 Apr 2009 11:41 
It should be minibb_pmessages_blocked (unless you have a pirated version and then I'm afraid you won't get assistance here).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 20 Apr 2009 15:18 
Provide us your order number and the direct URL to your website with some temporary login and password. If you can't repeat this error on our demo forums, it belongs to your website only, and we're investigating such cases only for a fee.

Author Guest
~
#8 | Posted: 22 Apr 2009 09:39 
Ok, this is strange. The minibb_pmessages_blocked table wasn't created during installation but the others were. So, I used the code in pmail.sql to create the table. Still getting the error I noticed in the options file that $Tpmb='minibb_pmessages_blocked';
was missing. I added that line and got rid of the error. But another error shows up now.

Unknown column 'blockedtotal' in 'field list'. Please, try another name or value.

It blocks the user but shows this message after. My order number was [verified]. Why did my version leave out that table and the code in the options file? How do I get rid of the new error message? I found out what table it was calling for in addon_pmail.php

if($pmMysql){
$blocked_date='now()';
insertArray(array('user_id', 'blocked_id', 'blocked_date', 'blocked_reason'), $Tpmb);
$blockedtotal=$currCount+1;
updateArray(array('blockedtotal'), $Tpmt, 'user_id', $user_id);
}

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 23 Apr 2009 01:53 
If you have purchased the add-on in 2007 (as we see by your order number in our records), the new tables you are getting troubles with were added much later. Probably when upgrading the add-on you have missed them. We would recommend just to get the new version of the add-on and re-install it, manually upgrading PM database tables and fields.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Private Messaging add-on problem: ignore user operation produces a mySQL error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑