Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Redirection after editing the message, to the message itself

Author panatan
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 29 Mar 2009 14:48 
Hi all.

On this forum, user is automaticly redirected on his post after posting.

How could i do that ?

Thank you and regards !

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 29 Mar 2009 17:11 
If you install the forum correctly it should be like that by default..

Author panatan
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 30 Mar 2009 00:10 
... euh it had never works like that (or i've missed something...)

Could you tell me what function works for it (javasript maybe) ?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 30 Mar 2009 04:13 
Set up

$editMsgReloc=TRUE;
under your setup_options.php - but please refer to the Software Manual first, because some add-ons like Forums File Uploading may not work when it's enabled.

Author panatan
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 30 Mar 2009 14:50 
Paul:
Set up

$editMsgReloc=TRUE;

under your setup_options.php - but please refer to the Manual first, because some add-ons like File Uploading may not work when it's enabled.
In fact, redirection is perfect and works fine now.

But i've now a new problem : if a file (like image) is uploaded in a post (via file uploading add-on) no-one receive any email notification...

Is it possible to solve that ?

Thank you

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 31 Mar 2009 02:56 
If you have file upload add-on installed, this setting should be disabled or set to FALSE. Else upon editing the post you won't be able to modify/re-upload files.

File uploading should not affect email notifications, the problem may come from the other end. But here, only email notifications about the reply itself, or new topic, should absolutely work. If you edit the message and attach file to it, notifications (logically) will not work.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Redirection after editing the message, to the message itself
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑