®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Back to post after its edit

Author Vodicka
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 17 Dec 2008 05:22 
Currently, when you edit any post successfully you get to special page with three "back somewhere" links.

Would it be possible to automatically show the edited post instead of this special page, or, alternatively, show this page just temporarily (with a warning of my choice) and then go to the post automatically?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 17 Dec 2008 07:58 
It's possible but requires a lot of custom changes (if not modifying the core), so I can't provide them all now.

If modifying the core, edit bb_func_editmsg.php file and put relocation header in the proper place. For example, when the if($step==1) condition's bracket ends, instead of:

echo load_header(); echo ParseTpl(makeUp('main_warning')); return;
you may put

header("Refresh: 0; url=https://www.minibb.com/forums/{$furl}"); exit;

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 17 Dec 2008 09:51 
Hm, I like this solution, it eliminates an unnecessery step (in 99+% cases I always go back to the edited message anyway).

Author Vodicka
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 17 Dec 2008 10:44 
Paul
Seems like it really works! Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 18 Dec 2008 01:51 
Well, I must think of it when releasing the new version, may be make it optional. Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 29 Jan 2009 04:25 
Well, sad news are now I remember why this function works that way until now and it wasn't improved earlier.

It's because of add-ons which could be related to message editing process. For example, File Attachments add-on will not work if you (re)upload new files during editing the message, and/or modify file descriptions. The same affects Previous/Next topic add-on, and possible many other custom add-ons.

In default package it will be fully optional and disabled by default (still, it may be enabled for light forums like we have here, which are not overloaded by add-ons ;-)

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Back to post after its edit
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑