®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

VIP Forum

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 11:34 
i need a code to make a forum closed off to people, members or guests, so no one can go on it unless they have the right to.

like the admin code, because the admin is the value of 1 and the members are a value of 2 so the admin can go on pages and have more things he/she can do that members cant, i need a code that will set the forum to a value of 3 so only people i set as 3 can go on it a bit like a VIP area.

i want something in the admin panel like 3 drop downs and a go button, the first drop down box will be a list of all the members signed up to the site (same code as the one that gets the members for the members list) and the second one to have each forum name in it and a third on which has the numbers 2 and 3 in it and if i pick a member and pick the forum i want them to be aloud in and the number 3 in the third drop down and click go that sets them as a level 3 member so they have the same rights as level 2 members but are aloud access in the level 3 forum.

the last part of what i need is a code to set a number of a forum in the add a forum part so i can set it to just admin access or members access or VIP access which would only be one drop down box with the numbers 1 - 3 in it to tell the forum what number the people need to get into it.

if anyone can help please let me know thank you.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 17:10 
The description sounds like one from getafreelancer.com ;) but you can achieve most of what you need by reading about setting private forums in the manual: https://www.minibb.com/forums/manual.html

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 17:40 
thanks and if you have any knowledge on coding it would be so helpful if you could give me a few tips on how to get around what i'm looking for but thanks for you information ill have a look now

Author Guest
~
#4 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 17:47 
what would be good is if i could ad a image next to the VIP members name when ever they post a message on a forum is that possible with what i'm trying to do

Author tom322
#5 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 18:06 
To define private forums, all you need to do is to open the bb_specials.php file and insert the values (forum ID's and user ids), like below in bold, and save/upload the file back to the server.

comment:
8- is forum ID you want to make private
4, 65, 75, 366 - user_ids (users) which will have access to forum 8

-----------

$clForums=array(8);
$clForumsUsers[8]=array(4, 65, 75, 366);

Again, all such things are logically described in the manual or you can use the search function to find even more examples.

Author Guest
~
#6 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 18:29 
thank you for the help would it be possible to do the image part?

Author tom322
#7 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 18:44 
In the manual read about $userranks, but you you can also check this post and thread: https://www.minibb.com/forums/2_228_0.html#msg15908

Author Guest
~
#8 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 19:17 
omg thank you do you have an email address so if i have any thing to ask i know who to come to?

Author tom322
#9 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 19:26 
Use the forums, but first read the manual :).

Author Guest
~
#10 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 19:29 
haha ok i am kinda new and didn't no there was a manual till you said first haha shows how much i look lol and if i need any think else ill say it in this post.

jw i no it may be in the manual but is there any way to get the image to the right of the members name and not below it because i have the image there but its below the members name?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 28 Jan 2009 02:32 
Your questions appear to be custom. Read our rules first, not even manual - it's impolite to ask others to do the job for you here. Either provide your budget to handle all that to you would achieve, either we will consider that topic as violating our rules.

Author Guest
~
#12 | Posted: 28 Jan 2009 06:34 
ok

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 VIP Forum
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑