miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Editing post with "quotes in the subject" when $adminHTML is set to TRUE

Author witek@traffiqua .com
#1 | Posted: 20 Jan 2009 03:36 
There is a problem with editing posts which contains quotes in the subject (like this post). Probably the subject should be converted with htmlspecialchars before displaying edit form.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 20 Jan 2009 04:00 
All text entered in miniBB is already saved in database converted to HTML chars. I can't confirm your bug, on my side everything works correctly (as such basic operation works for years already, don't you think nobody would notice that for years? ;-)

Most likely you are trying to edit your own topic, but in miniBB, there is a special option which allows/disallows regular users to modify their topic titles. In that case you will simply not see your topic title in the editing form. Look in manual for $usersEditTopicTitle - it is set to FALSE in default package!

#3 | Posted: 20 Jan 2009 04:39 
OK. You are right but I have found that you can repeat this error in the following way:

1. Set $adminHTML=TRUE in setup_options.php

2. Start new topic with quotes in the subject

3. Try to edit this post

The first step is the key. I had adminHTML switched on and it caused the problem with editing my own (I am the admin) posts.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 20 Jan 2009 05:05 
But of course... this setting allows you as an admin to post straight HTML code. What do you expect? If you type quotes as they are, they will mess with the form's HTML... in that case, you should type

"

#5 | Posted: 20 Jan 2009 09:50 
I must agree with you :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 20 Jan 2009 11:00 
Setting this option really means admin knows HTML well. Good luck ;-)

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Editing post with "quotes in the subject" when $adminHTML is set to TRUE
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑