miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Custom title next to username in the messages thread

Author tom322
#1 | Posted: 12 Dec 2008 23:37 
I wanted to put some text next to some usernames, let's say user_ids: 2266 and 5455. I understand I should do it by using the parseUserInfo function.

So I included this code in bb_plugins.php:

function parseUserInfo_user_customtext($val){

if ($GLOBALS['user_id']==2266 or $GLOBALS['user_id']==5455) return ' <b>[custom text next to username]</b>';

}
Then I copied {$userInfo_user_customtext[$poster_id]} to main_posts_cell.tpl (next to {$posterName}).

Please tell me what is wrong with this code because it didn't work:). Thank you.

Tom

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 13 Dec 2008 10:08 
I also tried these two codes below, but they didn't work either..

1. --------------

if ($GLOBALS['cols'][0]=2266 or $GLOBALS['cols'][0]=5455) return ' <b>[custom text next to username]</b>';

}

2. --------------

if ($val=2266 or $val=5455) return ' <b>[custom text next to username]</b>';

}

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 13 Dec 2008 21:33 
I guess I should add I need it on the thread pages, ie. $action=='vthread' (not userinfo pages). Thank you!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 18 Dec 2008 02:20 
I suppose most of the task could be done specifying $userRanks array, which handles almost the same things as you are trying to put (special rankings for the user). 'Admin' and 'moderator' are already appearing automatically in miniBB already. I personally would avoid any duplications on the screen, specially that ones which affect user's statuses and ranks etc.; but anyway, the code is attached.

parseUserInfo function works both for the user's profile and 'vthread'. parseMessage is for 'vthread' only, so if this is only for 'vthread', we shall use it instead of parseUserInfo. 'vthread' is more correct way also in a case of referring variables.

Here is what you need to put in:

bb_specials.php - specify new array defining your very custom titles that way:

$specialTitles=array(
1=>'<strong>Community Chief</strong>',
2=>'Rocking Guy',
3=>'Relaxing Girl',
);
assigning user IDs and titles. Then modify bb_plugins.php, and add to the end of parseMessage function before closing bracket, the following code:

function parseMessage(){

/* Special member titles */

$uid=$GLOBALS['poster_id'];

$isMod=FALSE;
if(is_array($GLOBALS['mods'])){
foreach($GLOBALS['mods'] as $key=>$val) if(is_array($val) and in_array($uid, $val)) {
$isMod=TRUE; break;
}
}

if($isMod) $GLOBALS['userSpecialTitle']='<em>Moderator</em>';
elseif(isset($GLOBALS['specialTitles'][$uid])) $GLOBALS['userSpecialTitle']=$GLOBALS['specialTitles'][$uid];
else $GLOBALS['userSpecialTitle']='';

if($GLOBALS['userSpecialTitle']!='') $GLOBALS['userSpecialTitle'].='<br />';

/* --Special member titles */

}

Such function is used widely for many other add-ons, so you need either to extend it either to create from scratch, but not duplicate it, because it will stop forums program to run.

Finally, paste {$userSpecialTitle} in main_posts_cell.html template in the place you would like such title to appear.

Author tom322
#5 | Posted: 18 Dec 2008 16:34 
Thank You, Paul! I would have never done it myself :). It works correctly.

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Custom title next to username in the messages thread
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑