miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Unverified users access only certain forums; users verified by admin access the whole forum

Author vision
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Dec 2008 07:35 
hello,

i have a question:

is it possible to set every registerd user to ID1 ( i think thats standart) and that the admin has in admin menu a field where he can set choosed user to User ID 2 ?? ( maybe a button or textlink "ID UP" and "ID DOWN")

i would pay 5$ (via paypal) if someone can write this for me

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 5 Dec 2008 08:15 
User IDs are generated automatically without your action, and they can't be changed manually. Each user in the forum system should have his identical ID, else the system simply won't work.

Maybe you have something else in mind, then would be nice to see description of actually what would you like to achieve...

Author vision
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 5 Dec 2008 08:37 
i want that normal registered users only can write topics in one special forum, and after i confirm them they can write in the whole forum

Author Guest
~
#4 | Posted: 5 Dec 2008 11:32 
waa, a test, looks like just what I am looking for

Author vision
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 8 Dec 2008 01:08 
so there is no chance to do this with minibb?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 8 Dec 2008 02:48 
There is a chance, of course, but this feature is not included by default. We could develop it on a custom basis, but the price would be much higher than $5.

Author vision
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 8 Dec 2008 04:45 
how much bigger...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 8 Dec 2008 05:01 
It depends actually on the process how do you see it yourself.

With default miniBB features we could add some new custom field to user's profile which will hold his verification status.

Also, with default miniBB we could achieve that you as admin receive all new registrations notifications on your email address and then you could click on the email link to go to the user's profile. You must be logged in as admin to see, let's say, the link saying "Verify profile". After you click that link, the verification status for the user has been changed.

On the other hand, somewhere under bb_specials.php we need to define new array of forums available only to unverified users. Let's say $unverifiedForums=array(1,2...); etc.

If an unverified user enters any other forum, which is not defined in that array, he will see a warning saying "Sorry, you must be verified to view this forum".

As you see it's quite a big and difficult process to program, so count not less than on $50.

Whatever I could say this definitely is not related to your first question about user IDs...

Author vision
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 8 Dec 2008 05:24 
ok thanks for your offer!

thats what i want,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 8 Dec 2008 08:34 
Contact us privately if you will be interested. It's a very custom offer and it requires a lot of work.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Unverified users access only certain forums; users verified by admin access the whole forum
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑