miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

How to reduce number of required posts to allow url in post?

Author gare
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 23 Nov 2008 14:40 
Right now a user gets the message that they must have 20 posts to be able to enter a URL. Is this a field we may customise per user? How may we change the number for the forum in general?

gary

Author pcOxygen
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 23 Nov 2008 14:51 
Find the file called "setup_options.php" in your forum root directory. This is your main setup file.

Find: $allowHyperlinks=20;

Change the number (above, as displayed as "20") to the amount of posts a User must make before hyperlinks are allowed in their post.

For example, if you want a User to make a minimum of One (1) post before they are allowed to insert a hyperlink in thier post, you would change this number from "20" to "1". Do not use quotes in the $allowHyperlinks=20;.

Also, to make full use of your miniBB forum, I encourage you to read the Manual. The manual for miniBB explains how to do everything. You can find the local copy of the manual in the templates/manual_eng.html of your miniBB installation package.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 24 Nov 2008 03:53 
Just an addition: it's impossible to customize it at a per-user level by default; in that case you will need to program an extra code.

Author gare
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 24 Nov 2008 20:18 
pcOxygen:
$allowHyperlinks=20
Thanks pc, you are right, I need to read the manual. I did a search in the manual for "url posts" , "minimum posts url", etc., but i am sure that if I read everything, I would have found it. I also see elswhere in the forum that these types of questions are somewhat discouraged, I will endeavor not to ask them.
However, thanks again!

Author gare
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 24 Nov 2008 20:22 
Paul:
Just an addition: it's impossible to customize it at a per-user level by default; in that case you will need to program an extra code.
Does this mean we could pay you to create the code allowing us to change the postng requirement for individual users?

You say above: "you will need to program an extra code", however, you know I do not do that... at least for now. :-)

gary

Author gare
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 24 Nov 2008 20:27 
pcOxygen:
For example, if you want a User to make a minimum of One (1) post before they are allowed to insert a hyperlink in thier post, you would change this number from "20" to "1". Do not use quotes in the $allowHyperlinks=20;.
mine says:
$allowHyperlinks=0, the zero is red.... but the first person who tried to insert a URL got a message that they had to have 20 posts.

gary

Author gare
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 24 Nov 2008 20:34 
here is the actual warning after attempting to post (I changed the 0 to a 2 and I have more than 2 posts):

Anti-spam protection

Because of spamming issues, you are not allowed to post outgoing links, URLs or email addresses. This rule is applied to all guests, and registered members, who has posted less than 20 messages.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 25 Nov 2008 04:54 
gare:
Does this mean we could pay you to create the code allowing us to change the postng requirement for individual users?
First of all this means you need to know the algorithm how to control it per user. I.e. what you are going to do to set up this amount for each user separately (and how much major work you will need to invest into this minor setting).

As about your problem... I guess this sentence appears not from default miniBB, but from the Anti-guest add-on you have installed. You can always know yourself where to find the reason of the problem, if you follow How to find where to edit this and that advice. In your case, search in forum files for "Because of spamming issues" phrase, and you will find the variable called $anti_guest_rule1, most probably located under your language pack. Now search for "$anti_guest_rule1" in all files, and you'll find it's located under addon_anti_guest.php. Searching for "addon_anti_guest.php" will bring you the piece of code located under bb_plugins.php. In that code you will find a variable defining your limit... $membersRule.

It's all simple if you know what you are doing, and not wasting our time to do it for you...

Author gare
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 26 Nov 2008 21:03 
Thank you Paul. I will not waste any more time. I will either research it and figure it out, pay for it to be done, or abandon it.
gf

Author gare
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 30 Nov 2008 13:30 
Paul:
It's all simple if you know what you are doing, and not wasting our time to do it for you...
Please send me the bill fo r the time taken to provide the answer. I do not ever wish to waste another person's most valuable commodity, their time. It is the same I would expect from others.
I believe you have all of my billing information. If not, let me know.
Thanks,
gary

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 1 Dec 2008 03:52 
We won't charge for it, because it took me about 3 minutes to investigate this and reply, so it doesn't even fit into something memorable. However, I just wanted to give you a hint and warn that this is too simple question to give it to miniBB team (sorry if again it looked some way offensive - I don't mind of course).

Actually only now I have remember you have ordered so called "full package" sometimes, and you see now, having everything not always mean having effective and simple ;-) Enjoy...

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 How to reduce number of required posts to allow url in post?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑