Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

anyone can view but only member can post

Author fohanlon
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 3 Oct 2008 16:20 
Hi Guys,

I am having a bit of trouble trying to figure this out. I am minibb integrate with a members table for the members section of my site. Cookies are generated from the username and password in this members table.

I am tryng to do the following:

Anyone can view all forums and topics but to post you must be a logged in member.

The list of forums and latest topics are appearing but when I click on a forum I get to a page with message "You are not allowed to perform this action."

When I log into my members area I can visit/view all forums and topics.

I have set $allForumsReg=FALSE; but it makes no difference.

I don't know where to find the check that a user is logged in when they click the forum or topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Fergal.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 5 Oct 2008 12:33 
It's impossible to proceed your request by miniBB team because:

1. You didn't provide URL to your website.

2. Without investigation and deep debugging, it's impossible to see what kind of modifications you did wrong. We are providing such support on a paid basis only.

However $allForumsReg must be set to TRUE if you want to enable posting on forums for registered members only.

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 5 Oct 2008 12:43 
Hi Paul

No problem re paid basis.

How do we proceed with this and is the work costed per hour or per job?

Fergal.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 6 Oct 2008 03:15 
Check our paid support page for this, I hope it explains everything. Then contact us using the contact form provided.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 anyone can view but only member can post
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑