®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Migrating users from 1.6 to 2.2a

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 29 Sep 2008 02:37 
I've got an old version of the board (1.6) and a new one installed on the same site but need to transfer over users.

i can't just change the ref to the user table in the options file of the new board - i tried that, it didn't work.

any ideas of how i can do this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 29 Sep 2008 03:37 
You definitely need to update your 1.6 to the recent version first. This is the same kind of question we have recently discussed and worked on.

After that, you will be able to achieve that both copies of the software use the same users table, specifying it under $Tu setting of setup_options.php.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Migrating users from 1.6 to 2.2a
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑