®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

keywords rich mod_rewrite URLs

Author mustangb
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 14 Feb 2006 01:56 
I am new to this forum and just installed minibb. I have been using diferent popular forums for my websites but this one is the best of all. Very fast to load, simple to use and all the functions you need. I especially like the mod rewrite but have a little request to make it better. I have seen a hack for a different software that takes the topic subject and includes it in the URL such as minibb.com/forums/suggestions/4_0-mod-rewrite.html
I have no idea how to setup such thing but I am sure there is some pros out here that would have no problem to do this and lots of users interested. Let me know what you think.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 14 Feb 2006 09:50 
This suggestion sounds not for the first time... the main problem of it we see is that miniBB is multilingual software by nature, not english-only. We can not include such feature by default, because in that we case, we also will need someway to convert non-english topic titles to latin-like titles when creating SEO URLs. And it will be a VERY difficult task.

In general, this rule is mostly a bogus. miniBB was indexed well even at the times when it has no .html-URLs option; for now, miniBB is also indexed very well without this rule.

Author ezkim0x
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 5 Jun 2006 01:04 
I think it would be good if you could make the mod rewrite so it shows the topic of the post in the link

for example something like this: http://reviews.cnet.com/Siemens_SX66_Cingular_Wireless/4505-6452_7-312 56904.html

this topic would be something like: https://www.minibb.com/forums/mod_rewrite_update/4_3870_0.html

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 7 Jun 2006 13:43 
hello.. we're not planning to make it in the default miniBB package..

Author Guest
~
#5 | Posted: 25 Sep 2008 06:24 
Very bad is there any unofficial releases of this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 25 Sep 2008 07:29 
Very bad? Have you read my post under it.

Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 keywords rich mod_rewrite URLs
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑