Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

User profile update - invalid email error

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#1 | Posted: 25 Aug 2008 05:12 
Hi Team/Paul,

Firstly, apologies for my cross posting. I posted to "Email not passing registration" thread earlier, but seeing the thread sits in the "Test/Qwerty Forum", I have decided to post to the "Main Forum" where I feel my query belongs more appropriately.

I get an 'Error in user data: invalid email address' error when trying to help a user update his account details. The user's new email address is in the format below*:
amightylongusername99@hotmail.co.uk.
The user name consists of 19 lower case letters and 2 numbers; and there does not appear to be any special characters, spaces or symbols in any part of the email address. I have no idea what may be causing the error. :-(

As always, any help you can provide will be gratefully received -
marsbar

* = actual user name changed to protect the innocent.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 25 Aug 2008 09:25 
It probably won't help but I tested it and updated email like that correctly..

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#3 | Posted: 25 Aug 2008 20:11 
Many thanks for checking, tom322. I happy to report that the problem has mysteriously gone away: the email address was accepted on my first attempt this morning. (Thirteenth time lucky, after yesterday's dozen or so failed attempts!)
Best wishes -
marsbar

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 User profile update - invalid email error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑