miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Private Messages

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author Ojlert
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 19 Jan 2008 03:40 
Is it possible for a user to choose to not be able to receive private messages even if the addon is aktivated?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#32 | Posted: 21 Jan 2008 04:10 
Ojlert

Currently there is no such feature; however it would be possible to implement it at a custom level, introducing new custom field in user's profile table, and depending on its value there is needed to add extra condition to bb_plugins.php file where the code includes this add-on, so it shouldn't be executed at all if the profile's record has certain value.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 24 Jul 2008 06:23 
When I (I'm Admin) sent a PM to one of my members, I got the message: Maximum amount of stored user's messages is reached.

I read in the option that Admin's message will go through, but do they also receive the above message?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#34 | Posted: 24 Jul 2008 10:06 
Vishal
The option $staffNoMsgLimit (if you mean this) affects only admin's Inbox itself. I.e. even if amount of messages riches the maximum, admin still will be allowed to receive new messages. This rule doesn't affect other users inboxes (and by the way... this only could mean user is not checking this folder, so it's not worth to send him anything further).

Author Vishal
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 25 Jul 2008 00:40 
OK thanks Paul!

Author donahue87
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 15 Oct 2008 18:09 
Anonymity is one of my forum's big selling points. Can this program expose the email addressed of registered users?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#37 | Posted: 16 Oct 2008 03:09 
donahue87
If under "this program" you mean Private Messaging add-on, it is not using emails directly, and that's it's advantage, because the communication happens internally on the server.

For communicating on the email basis, you may pay attention to the Direct Email add-on.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 4 Nov 2008 23:02 
Paul:
If you are using mySQL module, you just need to make 'enablePemail' 1 by default.
In which file?

Author tom322
#39 | Posted: 4 Nov 2008 23:38 
Vishal:
In which file?
I assume in addon_pmail_funcfl.php file make sure that:

$GLOBALS['enablePemail']=1;

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#40 | Posted: 5 Nov 2008 05:58 
Vishal:
In which file?
I am giving explanations above, and the file is addon_pmail.php. There is a line

if(isset($enablePemail) and $enablePemail==1) $chk='checked="checked"'; else $chk='';
and probably above this line you shall put $enablePemail=1; however I didn't test it.

Author harootun
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 6 Feb 2009 12:38 
There is now a block/ignore user feature in Private Messages, yes?

I see it listed on the demo forum. You can see your private messages and click on "Ignore" which gives you a list of people you've chosen to ignore/block. However, after stumbling around in PM-land for a bit, I can't see how one is supposed to add a user to your "ignore" list.

Any help appreciated! I'm sure it's right there in front of me, but I'm blind.

Author tom322
#42 | Posted: 6 Feb 2009 15:08 
You can block only someone who sent you a message by clicking on the "Ignore" link in the message and that makes sense :)

Author harootun
Partaker
#43 | Posted: 6 Feb 2009 18:46 
Perfect! I knew it had to be there somewhere. Thanks so much!

Author harootun
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 10 Apr 2009 08:54 
I'm converting my minibb header and footer files from .html to .php. Everything, is working perfectly, EXCEPT for pmView. It's fine when the user is logged in, everything works perfectly, but when the user is logged out, I get the message: "Notice: Undefined index: pmView in /mysitename/minibb/templates/forumheader.php on line XX".

I'm using <$php echo $GLOBALS['pmView']; ?> to include it in the top menu.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

[I'm also having the same problem with polls. Get the undefined message on some of the pages, but not others.]

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#45 | Posted: 13 Apr 2009 03:45 
Try

<$php if(isset($GLOBALS['pmView']
)) echo $GLOBALS['pmView']; ?>

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Private Messages
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑