miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Smileys

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#76 | Posted: 3 May 2007 12:30 
I include the addon in the bb_addons2.php too

- I don't know why ;-) Instructions don't say it.

Author Anonymous
#77 | Posted: 6 May 2007 09:38 
The addon doesn't work the first time, and i think try to write in the bb_addons2.php.
My fault :-).
THX

Author Haa21com
Partaker
#78 | Posted: 24 May 2007 16:15 
ok i have been thru the 3 pages of this topic an i cant seem to figure it out still

I get the smilies, i can insert them in the thread, but once its posted the smilies dont work e.g. the smile face image shows fine untill its in the message.. then its just :) what gives?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#79 | Posted: 25 May 2007 03:52 
Haa21com
It seems smileys are just not converted into images. Be sure you have included the smileys code for bb_plugins.php file properly.

Author Haa21com
Partaker
#80 | Posted: 25 May 2007 10:44 
ok.. i really screwed things up last nite....

I get this error now;

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smilethis() (previously declared in /home/haa21com/public_html/addon_smilies.php:18) in /home/haa21com/public_html/addon_smilies.php on line 28

I also noticed that i dont have 'addon_smilies2.php' in my zip file?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#81 | Posted: 25 May 2007 12:59 
Oops... there was just a typo in the README.txt left from the previous release... fixed now. That's right - you must have 'addon_smilies.php' file and copy it to the forums folder.

About Cannot redeclare see the post above at 3 May 2007 00:27.

Author pops
#82 | Posted: 26 Jun 2007 01:00 
Hi,

I just started using miniBB and I really like it. I am having a problem with the smilies, however.

I am able to use the first four which show up next to the link URL link button. But when I click on the ... between the forth smilie and the "Disable smilies" checkbox, the javascript window opens with $main_url. It seems like the action=displaysmilies is not a registered action.

I appreciate any ideas anyone has to offer.

Thanks,
Brad

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#83 | Posted: 26 Jun 2007 03:51 
Be sure you have put the proper code for bb_plugins.php. As you see on minibbtest it is a registered action, so the problem is somewhere on your side...

Author R.U.R.
#84 | Posted: 18 Jul 2008 08:04 
I suggest updating the [ img ] format used by Smilies Addon to the form [ imq=url ]alt[ /img ], so that the images then have got alt and title attributes - something like this:

[code]
if ($aPost) {
foreach($GLOBALS['smilies']
as $key=>$val) $postText=str_replace($key, "[img=".$GLOBALS['main_url']."/img/".$GLOBALS['dirname']."/".$val."]".$key." [/img]", $postText);
}
elseif ($aEdit) {
foreach($GLOBALS['smilies']
as $key=>$val) $postText=str_replace("[img=".$GLOBALS['main_url']."/img/".$GLOBALS['dirname']."/".$val."]".$key." [/img]", $key, $postText);
}
[/code]

Author Prince
Partaker
#85 | Posted: 30 Sep 2010 05:03 
HOw can I use smiles in other server or domain and work in my domain..?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#86 | Posted: 30 Sep 2010 05:17 
There is no way for this except using the standard [IMG] code.

You must copy all smilies to your local server first, and specify them in the add-on's configuration. Only this will allow them being posted on forums as "smilies", not just static images.

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Smileys
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑